Getting a new Android and not sure which keyboard app to use? With so many apps out there, it must be pretty difficult for you to choose one among them. The good news, we have listed the best ones in the store, and the bad news is, there are more than a few of them. So here is a list of ten best keyboard apps that you can install on your Android. If you are an iPhone user, check out our previous post Top iPhone Keyboards.
10 Best Third-Party Android keyboard
We have ranked these Keyboard Apps based on the number of downloads, usages, reviews and ratings from Play store.
1. GBoard, The Google Keyboard
This is probably the most commonly used and one of the most preferred keyboard apps for Android. Apart from just writing, it also offers emoji search, GIFs, Google Translate and around hundred of language varieties ranging from Amharic to Zulu! This is the best option if you’re considering installing a keyboard app for your Android. The GBoard has a number of features including:
- Glide typing that enables fast typing
- Voice typing that enables you to speak what you want to type
- Search and share any of the emojis that you want
- Multilingual typing that can get you talking in the language of your choice
- Handwriting with which you can write in your own style
Android posts you may like:
1. Best Virtual Reality Apps For Android
2. Top 7 Android App Locker Apps
3. Top 6 Blue Light Filter Apps for Android
4. Top 3 Android Cleaners
5. Best 5 Antivirus Apps for Android
2. Swiftkey Keyboard
As the name suggests, this app is the best swipe keyboard that Microsoft has to offer. What makes the app stand out is the fact that it studies your writing style which helps you type faster by offering you suggestions. It even catches your slang, nicknames that you use often and even the emojis that you frequently use so that it can adapt your style.
- Free designs and themes that you can use on your keyboard
- Custom Keyboard & Photo Keyboard that you can personalize
- Grammar Checker and Spell Check to correct your grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes efficiently.
3. GO Keyboard: Emojis, Themes, and GIFs
Go Keyboard has been gaining popularity with its new Avatar Emoji, where you just have to take your picture to generate a cartoon avatar that looks like you, and you can get your own sticker library of your avatar emoji. It offers a variety of colorful themes, emojis, and GIFs, emoticons and languages so you can design your own customized keyboard. It also offers various other features, so no doubt it’s a good choice!
- Smooth, speedy & smart typing that beats every other keyboard
- Various fonts from which you can choose your style
- Emoji search to get the perfect emoji you’re looking for
- Auto-Correction to eliminate typos
- Gesture Typing where your gestures are sensed and converted to writing
- Voice input where you can speak what you want to be typed
4. Flash Keyboard – Emoji & Theme
It is one of the best free emoji keyboards for Android, which offers hundreds of GIF, personalized themes, new emoji, emoticons, stickers in a flash. Over 500 million people prefer this for hassle-free typing. It helps you type fast and accurate, and learns your writing style automatically. That means autocorrect input and word predictions that actually work because it adapts to you. Here are some other features:
- Supports multiple languages for the convenience of users.
- Next-generation autocorrect so you can type without even looking.
- Type faster and save more time with this keyboard
- Create Your Own Themes that you can personalize for free!
- Smart enough to recognize mistyping, provide suggestions and makes your typing easy.
5. Cheetah Keyboard: Emoji, Swype, DIY Themes
Cheetah Keyboard, as amusing as it sounds, provides for a variety of features including Smart Reply, Gesture Typing, AI-Powered Prediction along Auto-correction. Funny Emoji, GIF, Stickers which can make your typing funnier. Custom keyboard themes let you choose your own photo, wallpaper, colors and font style for your keyboard. You definitely do not want to miss it. It also offers:
- Funny Emojis you can use in your social media
- GIF Keyboard with a choice of GIFs to choose from
- 3D Themes that you can use for your keyboard and 3D Touch
- Smart Reply with efficient predictions
- Fast Swipe for efficient typing
- Auto-correction Function that kills all your typos
6. iKeyboard: GIF keyboard, Funny Emoji, Free Stickers
The iKeyboard comes with fun emojis and emoticons, and even has a sticker and GIF keyboard which can be used on any social media app. You can even have a music keyboard with sounds of various musical instruments including guitar, piano, and violin. You can even personalize the color, font, and the sound when you press the key.
- Custom and photo keyboard with numerous updated themes to choose from
- Fast typing with slide input that increases efficiency in typing
- Smart auto-correction with efficient word prediction
- Voice Board with easy voice type on the go with Voice Board
- A Bilingual keyboard that supports almost 200 languages
7. Facemoji Emoji Keyboard: DIY, Emoji, Keyboard Theme
Facemoji Emoji Keyboard is a free, customized keyboard that you can use on your Android with a variety of emojis, GIFs and stickers. It provides you various cool keyboard themes and you can even add your own photos to the keyboard. Other new features include:
- Emoji Rush: You can send emoji combos by long pressing on the emojis
- Move Cursor: Long press anywhere on Facemoji keyboard to move the cursor easily
- Fast Typing & Smart Input Swipe to type with smooth gesture typing
- Autocorrect & Word Prediction offers you a potential next word prediction
- Face Emoji to turn your face into an emoji
- Game Keyboard that supports 5 popular games, including Clash of Clans, Rules of Survival, Free Fire, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, and Garena Liên Quân Mobile.
8. FancyKey Keyboard – Cool Fonts, Emoji, GIF, Sticker
FancyKey Keyboard is a free, customized keyboard for Android with cool fonts, 3200+ emoji, emoji arts, emoticons, personalized themes, autocorrect input and word predictions. Download the FancyKey keyboard for free to fancy your chatting now!
- Various emoji & emoticons & emoji arts to choose from
- Numerous funky fonts you can use
- Advanced auto-correct & auto-suggest engine
- Fully customizable keyboard wallpaper and layout
- Plenty of typing sounds
- SWIPE input method for efficient typing
- Multiple emoji styles, such as EmojiOne
- Supports various languages
9. Ginger Keyboard – Emoji, GIFs, Themes & Games
The best thing about the Ginger Keyboard is that there are various features that make you want to have it in your Android. It has a Smart Bar to customize your keyboard with your most frequently used apps and a Ginger Page to enjoy powerful editing tools which includes translation as well. The various features include:
- Emoji, Emoji Art, stickers and Animated GIFs to express yourself better.
- Word Prediction that gives you accurate next-word predictions through suggestions.
- Free themes to style up your keyboard
- Swipe where all you have to do is swipe your finger from key to key to write faster.
- Keyboard in-app games for a quick game without leaving your keyboard
- Translate: Express yourself with translations between more than 58 languages.
10. Kika Keyboard
Another colorful keyboard on offer on the Google Play Store and it has a whopping review of 4.6. It has a set of cool features which one can customize and combine with to result in a keyboard that inspires you to type. If you are a freak of keeping the keys lively, here are the features that must inspire you:
- A huge collection of GIF’s and Stickers to choose from and you can send them on any app
- You can customize the sound of the keypress, font, and color of the keyboard. Also, choose the background of the keyboard from your camera or gallery.
- Word protection and auto-correction to help you type accurately and fast.
- Supports more than 60 languages.
Ready to use the Android keyboard?
So there you go! Here’s the list you’ve been waiting for all along. You can now choose from among these apps to install the best keyboard app on your Android. From translation to playing games, keyboards these days come with every possible feature that you can think of! You can look into the features of each app before choosing which app to install on your Android, to see which one meets all your needs. Happy typing!
- 10 Best Third-Party Android keyboard
- 1. GBoard, The Google Keyboard
- 2. Swiftkey Keyboard
- 3. GO Keyboard: Emojis, Themes, and GIFs
- 4. Flash Keyboard – Emoji & Theme
- 5. Cheetah Keyboard: Emoji, Swype, DIY Themes
- 6. iKeyboard: GIF keyboard, Funny Emoji, Free Stickers
- 7. Facemoji Emoji Keyboard: DIY, Emoji, Keyboard Theme
- 8. FancyKey Keyboard – Cool Fonts, Emoji, GIF, Sticker
- 9. Ginger Keyboard – Emoji, GIFs, Themes & Games
- 10. Kika Keyboard