It’s time to say goodbye to bulky document scanners. You now can scan a document and convert it to a format of your liking with just your phone, with the help of scanner apps. We have reviewed some of the top Scanner apps that can digitize your documents in seconds. Here is the list of top 10 Android apps for scanning documents.
Best Android and iPhone Scanner Apps
CamScanner is one of the most popular Scanner Apps for Android phones and has over 400 million downloads as we speak. With CamScanner one can quickly scan any document, be it the one that is in front of you or one that is there in your phone gallery and convert it into PDF in seconds.
- It is completely FREE to download as use and has paid Premium features
- Easy to scan, store and sync documents and collaborate across multiple devices
- Uses a phone camera to scan all kinds of documents with varied sizes. The app comes with Smart cropping feature with auto resolution enhancement
- OCR – Optical Character Recognition for extraction of texts from documents
- Multiple formats – PDF or JPG with email sharing option
- Scan and Fax capability
- Passcode access to document/s and much more.
2. Adobe Scan
Adobe is a popular name that we all have heard off. They also have document scanning apps for Android phones in their kitty. Adobe Scan is completely FREE to use and comes integrated with OCR for instant and easy recognition of printed texts and even handwriting.
- Includes scan, conversion, storage, and edit
- Easy scan of documents of varied sizes
- Supports PDF, MS Office, and JPG conversion
- Handwriting editing features – remove stains, document creases, conversion marks, etc.
- Auto document identification
- Over 10 million downloads so far
3. Clear Scan
Clear Scan is another very popular and highly rated document scanning app for android phones. It boasts to have over 5 million downloads. The basic version app, which itself is loaded with features, is free to use and includes premium features on its paid Pro version.
- Auto document edge detection and angle correction
- Super-fast processing
- Access to editable file after scanning with a full-fledge editor
- Folder features for easy management of scanned files
- Formats that support OneDrive, Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, etc
- OCR technology included
- Cloud Print for wireless printing option
- Multiple page size support
Scanbot is a completely FREE to use, award-winning PDF scanner app with over 7 million active users. The app is available both on Android and iOS and can effectively scan a variety of documents including – QR codes, receipts, banners, etc.
- Allows PDF and JPG formats
- Bar code and QR code scanning
- Multi-page scans
- OCR technology integrated with the text-search feature
- Feature loaded editor with an auto-upload option
- Supports cloud services – OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Drive, Slack, Dropbox, etc.
Tiny Scanner is available in two versions – FREE and Pro. This scanner app is among the top-rated android apps with 4.8 positive ratings on the Google play store. TinyScanner, as the name suggests, is very light inbuilt and scans any document to be saved as pdf or as an image.
- Easy to scan, store and collaborate with other devices, including your computer
- Auto page edge and angle detection
- Passcode protection for documents
- Sync with cloud storage apps – Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, etc (on Pro version only)
- Folders and subfolders for scanned document management
6. Turbo PDF Scanner
TurboScan is a super-fast PDF scanner app for android phone and is available in both FREE and Pro versions. With over 3 million users and a rating of 4.6/5, this scanner is a must-have on every android phone. On the flip side, the scanner allows only 3 multipage document scans on its FREE version.
- Scan and store documents in PDF, JPG and PNG formats
- A quick document email feature
- SureScan feature for sharper scans
- Powerful scan editor
- Easy printing via Cloud Print apps
- Scanned document compression
Genius Scan is a widely known document scanner app for small businesses and has over 20 million downloads. Available in both FREE and Pro versions with varied in-app purchases as well. Genius Scan is highly powerful in terms of features it has to offer, some of the salient ones include –
- Auto document detection, with distortion correction feature
- Shadow removal, Batch scanning, Multiple filter support, etc.
- Allows document splitting and merging
- Supports PDF and JPG formats
- Fingerprint and passcode protection for scanned files
- Easy export of scanned documents – Email, Cloud Print apps, Storage drives, etc.
8. Smart Doc Scanner
Smart Doc Scanner is among the highly-rated Android app for scanning and is FREE to use, and includes in-app purchases. The scanner is loaded with a variety of features and is known to be designed to be intuitive and intelligent. This scanner app is super-fast in processing and allows scans and storage in a wide variety of formats – PDF, PNG, JPG, DOC. GIF etc.
- Intuitive interface for easy and effective scans
- Automatic edge detection
- Allows PDF file customization
- Supports OCR with compatibly among 40 languages and includes spell-checks as well
- Batch and Multi-page scanning
- Auto-detection of texts from images
- Custom document settings – formats, margins, resolution, etc
- One tap share and store feature
FastScanner boasts to have over 10 million downloads with a consistent rating of 4.6/5. Available in FREE and Pro versions, FastScanner is optimized for fast and superior quality scanning.
- Batch and Multipage scanning
- PDF and JPG scan storage
- Easy store and share
- Even the FREE version allows unlimited scans with unlimited feature usages
- Integrated with Cloud Print apps and Fax apps
10. Simple Scan
Looking for something simple and easy to maintain and manage your scanning requirements? Simple Scan app is the one that you should download on your Android device. Simple Scan is highly rated at 4.8/5 and has over 5 million downloads.
- Simple in design and includes all basic scan features
- PDF and JPG format support
- Easy email and fax
- Easy sync with Cloud print apps such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, etc
- Easy and quick sharing with your computer over wifi
- FREE to use with in-app purchases
Download Simple Scan for Android
Bonus: Microsoft Office Lens
Ready to Instal Scanner App on your Android Mobile?
It’s time for bulky scanners to make a move out of your lives. They simply cannot stand in front of powerful scanners that can fit your android phones.