Delete Tinder account
Here, I will help you delete Tinder account. So, you’ve finally found your soul mate and wish to log off all the dating applications. It is possible that your partner is uncomfortable with you looking for dates online after you have started a committed relationship with him/her. Under such scenarios, he/she might ask you to delete your Tinder, OkCupid, and other dating profiles for good.
Unlike other popular dating applications, Tinder usually has a high success rate in matching like-minded people. So, if you wish to delete Tinder account for the peace of mind of your partner, this blog will help you do so quickly.
However, before we delete your Tinder account, here are a few things that you must keep in mind.
Important: Read Before You Delete Tinder Account
- Deleting or uninstalling the application from your device is not the same as deleting your Tinder account. You might still get matches after uninstalling the application.
- If you have subscribed to a Tinder Plus account after paying the fee, deleting your account will not cancel your subscription. The subscription is linked to your email id. This means that you will still have access to all the Tinder Plus features if you use the same email id to make a new account on Tinder after deleting it once.
- Once you delete your Tinder account, your profile will vanish from the platform. You need to invest your time in building your profile from scratch in case you make a new account with the same email id or a different one after deleting it. Therefore, you must be very sure in deleting your account for good.
- You can always choose to uninstall/hide the application to not use it while you are in a committed relationship and reinstall the application in case things do not work out. This way, you do not have to invest your time in building up the profile again.
- You can delete your account directly from the application interface and do not need to log in to your account via any browser.
- All your matches will automatically be deleted once you delete the account.
Now that you know all the critical information linked to deleting your account, we shall discuss the various steps associated with deleting it.
Method to Delete Tinder Account
Here is a step-wise procedure on how to remove a Tinder account.
- Download and install the Tinder application from the iTunes store (for Apple devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices).
- Login to your existing account using your Facebook id. You will automatically log in, in case you have the Facebook application on your device. Otherwise, you need to add your Facebook credentials to log in.
- Once you log in, you can see your account as it is from the time you left it.
- Now swipe left to access your profile and click on the Settings icon on the screen.
- You will see a variety of settings for your account here. Choose App Settings.
- Scroll down to see the Delete Account option located at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you select the Delete Account option, you will get a confirmation message on your screen to delete the account. Here, you will also get the option to Hide your account in case you wish to do so.
- Click on Okay to delete the account permanently.
It is easy to remove Tinder account using these steps. You can also remove the application from Facebook using the settings option on the web browser or the Facebook application on your phone.