Found a video on Facebook that you must save? Afraid the video will be taken down before you have a chance to see it? Want to transfer the video to your phone or to download it to your PC to watch later? To do any of this, you’ll need to download video from Facebook, In this post, I’m giving you 3 ways to Save any Facebook Video to your phone or PC.
How to Download Facebook Videos
Unfortunately, by default FB allows you to download the videos only which you uploaded and not others. But there are other ways you can take advantage of and save those Facebook videos. Some are simple, some a little longer than ideal. Considering the variety of methods possible, we’ve shortlisted the best ones out there. You can also check my previous post on Downloading YouTube videos.
- Online Facebook video downloader (Mobile and PC)
- Using m.facebook.com (Mobile and PC)
- Using Browser Extension. (PC)
Note: Following these steps, you can download Facebook Videos from Android Phone browser, iPhone browser, any PC browser but not using the Facebook App.
A. Using Facebook Video Downloader
Facebook Video Downloader is one of the easiest ways to download videos, not only from FB but also from content sharing websites such as YouTube, VK, Instagram etc. Just copy your video URL and paste it into the field provided on the webpage and you’re done, you should immediately be able to download the video. One of our favorites is fbdown.net, it specializes in FB videos, has a clean and straight UI, comparatively ad-free and is very fast in response.
Follow these simple steps to download Fb videos using fbdown.net,
- First scroll to the video u want to download, Play the video, then Right Click -> Show video URL.
- Secondly, Go to FBDOWN.net. Then paste the URL and Click ‘Download’.
- And lastly, Click on “Download normal quality video” or “Download HD video” (if available) to start downloading the video.
Here are some of the Online Facebook Downloaders: www.downvids.net, getfbstuff.com, www.filevid.com – Make use of this if the above-mentioned Downloader failed to work.
B. Using Browser Extension
This method will work only in PC browsers, you have to install an Extension form your browsers store (trusted) to download FB Videos and this is totally free.
C. Using FB mobile domain to save the video file
This is not an easy method, compared to the previous one, also this isn’t flexible on the quality of the video, depending on your internet speed, the quality of the default video file changes.
Follow the steps below to download FB video using this method.
- Right-click on the video and select Show video URL.
- A small pop-up window should appear, with the video URL. Press Ctrl+C on the keyboard to copy the URL.
- In the browser’s Address bar, press Ctrl+V to paste the video URL.
- Modify the video URL, changing the “www” at the beginning of the URL to “m”. The URL should then start with m.facebook.com
- Once changed, press Enter to open the mobile version of the page and save the file.
- The video will be downloaded and saved to the directory you enter.
You can try this in both Mobile and PC, and in Chrome, Firefox or any browser to download FB Videos. You can’t try this method in the Facebook mobile App.
Hope this helps you to download your favorite Facebook videos, If you are facing any trouble, reach out to us through comments below.