Found a video on Facebook that you must save? Afraid the video will be taken down before you have a chance to see it? Want to transfer the video to your phone or download it to your PC to watch later? To do any of this, you’ll need to download a video from Facebook, In this post, I’m giving you 3 ways to Save any Facebook Video to your phone or PC. The interesting thing is I’ve given different ways to download Facebook videos from Private accounts.
How to Download Facebook Videos (Public Accounts)
Unfortunately, by default FB allows you to download the videos only which you uploaded and not others. But there are other ways you can take advantage of and save those Facebook videos. Some are simple, some a little longer than ideal. Considering the variety of methods possible, we’ve shortlisted the best ones out there. You can also check my previous post on Downloading YouTube videos. But, if you want to download Private videos from Facebook, skip these 3 ways and start doing the steps given after this.
- Online Facebook video downloader (Mobile and PC)
- Using m.facebook.com (Mobile and PC)
- Using Browser Extension. (PC)
Note: Following these steps, you can download Facebook Videos from Android Phone browser, iPhone browser, any PC browser but not using the Facebook App.
A. Using Facebook Video Downloader
Facebook Video Downloader is one of the easiest ways to download videos, not only from FB but also from content sharing websites such as YouTube, VK, Instagram, etc. Just copy your video URL and paste it into the field provided on the webpage and you’re done, you should immediately be able to download the video. One of our favorites is fbdown.net, it specializes in FB videos, has a clean and straight UI, comparatively ad-free, and is very fast in response. You can also try this to download private Facebook videos.
Follow these simple steps to download Fb videos using fbdown.net,
- First scroll to the video u want to download, Play the video, then Right Click -> Show video URL.
- Secondly, Go to FBDOWN.net. Then paste the URL and Click ‘Download’.
- And lastly, Click on “Download normal quality video” or “Download HD video” (if available) to start downloading the video.
Here are some of the Online Facebook Downloaders: www.downvids.net, getfbstuff.com, www.filevid.com – Make use of this if the above-mentioned Downloader failed to work.
You may also like:
- How to Log out on Facebook
- Delete Facebook Account Permanently
- How To Change your name on Facebook
- How to Hack Your Friends Facebook Account Password
B. Using Browser Extension
This method will work only in PC browsers, you have to install an Extension form your browsers store (trusted) to download FB Videos and this is totally free.
C. Using FB mobile domain to save the video file
This is not an easy method, compared to the previous one, also this isn’t flexible on the quality of the video, depending on your internet speed, the quality of the default video file changes.
Follow the steps below to download FB video using this method.
- Right-click on the video and select Show video URL.
- A small pop-up window should appear, with the video URL. Press Ctrl+C on the keyboard to copy the URL.
- In the browser’s Address bar, press Ctrl+V to paste the video URL.
- Modify the video URL, changing the “www” at the beginning of the URL to “m”. The URL should then start with m.facebook.com
- Once changed, press Enter to open the mobile version of the page and save the file.
- The video will be downloaded and saved to the directory you enter.
You can try this in both Mobile and PC, and in Chrome, Firefox or any browser to download FB Videos. You can’t try this method in the Facebook mobile App.
How to Download Facebook Private Videos
If you are in the search for a Solution to download private download, look no more and run down the list below. I have added an easier way to download private videos if you are using Google Chrome at the end.
There are a million solutions to download Facebook public videos and you don’t have to read this article at all. But this is the place if you are looking to download private because it’s not that easy because you know, it’s private. Even if you don’t want to download any private Facebook video, what’s the harm in learning the solutions for it.
What are Facebook Private Videos?
Private videos basically means videos that the person who is posting has chosen to show it to a certain people. So, its obviously private for others. Whenever we come across a private video, there’s al ways a sign that lets you know that you don’t have access to it. So, a private video is basically restricted to
So, if you are a user and if you want to actually set a privacy clause as to who watched your videos, follow the following steps. These steps could be followed even afterthe video has been posted.
- Go to Facebook either through your phone or through the web. Go to Profile by either tapping on Profile or you can actually click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Search for the video posted already and Go to your video post you’d like to change the privacy settings of.
- At the top of the post you would find something that say Private or Public or Friends or something of that sort. This is the basically the audience selector where you could choose who gets to see the video. Click on that to see the list.
- Choose an audience for your video from the list that appears.
Keep in mind that you can only change the privacy settings for videos you’ve added to Facebook.
FBDownloader is probably the best solution to download facebook private videos. Its offers the functionality in the straightforward way as possible. All you have to do is copy paste the video’s code of the video from facebook on to the input box in the fbdownloader page ad the click on the Download button. Wait until the processing is over and voila you will have your video.
Right click on the video, choose Save Video As and you could change the file name as well.
This amazing solution is not only available in the web but also for Android and iOS platforms.
You can also read:
1. Ways to download Instagram Reels videos
2. Download YouTube Video in HD for Free
3. How to Download Video on Instagram
4. Download WhatsApp Status
5. Download HQ Vimeo Videos
6. Ways to Download Twitter Videos
VidSaver is yet another tool to download private videos from Facebook. Copy the video’s source code of the video that you are planning to download and then paste the code on the web app and Click on Fetch button at the bottom as you can see in the screenshot below.
This tool is not only for private videos but for public facebook videos. You can move to the Public Video section of the site by clicking on Public button at the bottom of the page.
Very simple as to how to this might work actually. The same steps. You need the page’s source code and you can put it in the oDownloader Site and it works just fine as expected. Click Download once you have pasted the video source code.
This tool is not limited to only download Facebook private videos. You can also download videos from Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and other sites as well. There are other features for video conversion in this site.
It is also available for the mobile platforms as well.
This is also super easy to do. As the other tools required, this also requires you to get the video source code. Press Ctrl + U to see the video source code. Copy the entire code and then paste into the site and you can dowload the video from the GetfVid site.
The site has two tools. One for download facebook private videos and to download facebook public videos.
So, I don’t really know why I’m still explaining the steps for this tool as well. PasteDownload is a very good tool and it works just fine.
6. Download Private Videos using Chrome Extension
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of copy pasting source code or URL, you could use the Chrome Extension (considering you are using Google Chrome as the browser to access the private video) to actually download private videos from Facebook.
All you have to do is
- Go to the Extension link.
- To add the Chrome extension to the browser, you will have to first sign in to Chrome using your google account. Once that’s done, click Add to Chrome in the chrome extension link.
- Once it’s successfully installed, open Facebook and play the video you would like to download.
- Click on the extension on the right side of the URL bar at the top. Once it’s open a particular code is executing which analyzes the video you have opened.
- After waiting for a couple of seconds, tap on the quality you would want to download.
- This will open a new tab and the file will automatically download on Google Chrome. It will be saved automatically to the predefined Download location.
So, this is how this extension works. Once you open the extension a piece of code is automatically executed in the Facebook window. It will analyze the JSON code responsible for the video playing and it will extract the id which is required to download the video. Once the extension finds that particular ID, it will send a request to Facebook to get the MP4 link. Once it received, you could find a download button floating above the video. clicking on that would easily download the video.
There are two ways to download the video. Either you can paste the URL of the video or the page source or especially the video source.
These tools will work only until facebook finds a way around to using this video source if they want to.
You can use fbdownloader.co for downloading the videos of facebook.