Waftr’s Quick Answer:
In the iOS:
1. Make sure that you have enabled Bluetooth & Airdrop.
2. Select Airdrop from the Share option.
3. Tap the Share button on the file you’d like to share and Tap on Airdrop.
In the Mac Device:
1. Enable Bluetooth and Airdrop.
2. Open Airdrop from the Finder and click on the device name.
3. The file gets saved in the Downloads folder automatically.
To get a more detailed answer to Airdrop From iPhone To Mac read below-
Apple has made it extremely easier to transfer files between Apple devices using Airdrop. This glitch-free has deeply embedded in the hearts of the Apple users and it draws non-apple users to join as well.
After all these years, Google has just now come up with Nearby Share, which is still in beta. Let’s hope the Android world also gets to have such an experience. So, let’s see how to Transfer Files from an iPhone to Mac using Airdrop.
How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac?
- Open the file that you’d like to share with the Mac. It could be any file. For the purpose of the tutorial, I’m transferring a photo from my phone to the mac.
- Tap on the Share icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. This is the common share icon all throughout the iOS ecosystem.
- In the Share window that appears, Choose Airdrop in the list of icons with Messages, WhatsApp, Instagram and other third-party apps, etc.,
- This would open the Airdrop Sharing window. The first thing that happens is your iPhone looks for all the compatible Airdrop devices nearby. One great thing you could do is be near to the mac with the iPhone.
- Choose the MacBook device (Joseph’s Macbook Pro in my case) that you would like to share the image with from your iPhone device.
- This would enable the iPhone to try to connect with the device that you chose. This could be confirmed by the Waiting.. sign as you can see below.
- Now Open the MacBook, and then click on the Finder Window. In the sidebar, choose Airdrop. If Airdrop is not available on the sidebar, you could type Airdrop in the Spotlight box. Open spotlight using Command + Space Bar.
- As soon as your iPhone tries to connect to your Macbook, you would see the device in the Airdrop window as seen below.
- Click on the device (Joseph’s iPhone in my case).
- As you can see below, this will automatically download the file shared from iPhone automatically to your Downloads folder.
- As soon as the file is downloaded, you could confirm it by looking at your iPhone Airdrop screen. It will be confirmed by Sent message in the Airdrop screen as seen below.