Waftr’s Quick Answer To Make A Private Story On Snapchat:
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Tap on the Profile icon at the top left corner from the home screen.
3. Tap New Story option.
4. In the popup choose, Private Story.
5. Choose participants and select Create Story.
6. In the Popup that appears choose a name and tap Done.
7. After that shoot, the snap, add effects if you wish, and tap the bottom icon at the bottom right corner.
8. This will push the snap to the private story members.
9. Modify or add snaps to the privacy story whenever you want. This should be done before the 24 hours when it disappears.
Read more to get a detailed answer on How To Make A Private Story On Snapchat?
We all have a real persona and a social media persona. We don’t want everyone to see the posts or stories that we put across in social media. If this is the case, Snapchat has a good solution to your Private Stories.
Related: How to Change SnapChat UserName
This is similar to the Instagram Story feature called Close Friends where the app lets you choose a list of close friends to post stories to. You must have seen it when the story has a green outline.
Private Stories are shown only to people you choose and will disappear for 24 hours. No one else will be able to see it and keep up your social media persona. Previously we saw How to use filters, Increase the score on Snapchat, and now, In this post I’m going to show you how to post a private story on your Snapchat account.
How To Make A Private Story On Snapchat
- Open Snapchat. From the Camera screen tap on the top left corner to open the Profile. In the Profile screen, Under the Stories section, tap on the + New Story button at the top right corner of the Stories section below the profile picture.
- This will open a pop which requests you to choose whether its a private story or a custom story. Choose Private Story (only I can post). Custom Story is another option that lets you and your friends add snaps to the same story section together if you wish. Its like a group Snapchat project.
- In the Next window, you will see an option to add the people you’d like this story to be shown to. Tap on each participant you would like to b seen in the private story group. You can check them in the list and then Tap on Create Story at the bottom. This will open up a popup asking you to change the name if you wish.
- As soon as you create a story, a new popup appears asking you to change the name of the story if you want to. You can do this if you please and tap on Done. Or choose to cancel if you wish to not proceed with creating a Private Story for some users.
- Once its done, tap on the Newly added story in the profile section (Lynn Joseph’s private story in my case) as seen below. This would take you the camera screen where you could actually shoot the Snap and add effects to it. I have added a text as you can see and once its done, tap on the Done in the keyboard at the bottom right corner.
- Tapping on the blue Send icon will post the story to the Private Story participants that you added before in the previous screen of Add Participants.
- If you want to change the people in the list earlier, you could choose See Story Details and make modifications in the window that appears.
- Also, Snapchat seals in the Location access once in a while for Geotagging. I always Don’t allow that because Google has scared me 😂 enough about location privacy in the past when I once used an Android device. I know Apple does a better job of user privacy but I still got that in my heart deep down.
- After posting it, in the profile screen you could see the posted story (Testing Private Story in my case) as seen below in the screenshot. This story could be deleted and modified in the next 24 hours before it disappears forever.
- Also, if you want to take a copy of the Snap you post you could do that but tapping on the Download icon near the Newly created Private Story. You will get a confirmation asking whether you want to the Camera Roll. Tap on Yes. If this is something you do often, you could choose Yes, and don’t ask again which will make sure that the popup doesn’t appear anymore when you trying downloading again.
Make a Private Story on Snapchat
Snapchat is one of the best things that happened in the social media realm in the past decade. It was super fresh and innovate but Zuckerberg couldn’t stop himself from copying the disappearing stories from Snapchat.
It really pains my heart to see Snapchat not growing anymore. Also, Rihanna has a big part to play in that. If you are bored, Find who Blocked You On Snapchat!, You can also delete Snapchat if you are really bored of Snapchat these days.