You might want to deactivate Instagram account because you are addicted to it. Do you spend hours every day swiping through your Instagram feed? If so, you might want to take a break from Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and other social media for a short period to analyze your daily routine. It is always a good idea to take a break from these social media accounts once in a while to evaluate your life’s priorities.
I am not asking you to permanently abstain the use of social media accounts. However, you can always deactivate Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and other accounts for a short period. If you are looking for a way to deactivate your Instagram account, you are at the right place.
Here, I will teach you how to deactivate an Instagram account without permanently deleting it. However, before we go into the step-wise procedure of deactivating an account, here are a few things that you should understand.
Caution: Read Before Deactivating Instagram Account
- You cannot deactivate your Instagram account in case you have forgotten your login credentials. You need to first recover the credentials using the Forgot Password feature to permanently delete the account.
- Uninstalling the Instagram application from your smartphone is not the same as deactivating the Instagram account for good. You need to follow different steps to deactivate your account temporarily.
- You can deactivate the account to take a break and get back all your information just the way you left it on reactivating the account.
- You cannot deactivate your Instagram account directly from the application interface. You need to access the deactivation page for Instagram from a web browser on a smartphone, laptop or a desktop.
- Deactivating Instagram account is not the solution to problems like account hack, change of username, misplaced followers, etc. You need to address these issues to the Instagram officials on the official Instagram email id to get it all fixed.
- Once you deactivate or temporarily disable your account, all your photos, videos, etc. will stay hidden up till the period you reactivate the account. No one will be able to locate you on Instagram since your entire profile will stay hidden.
- You can block certain people or change your privacy settings, in case you wish to hide your account from particular people, instead of deleting or deactivating your account.
Now that you are familiar with the notes of deactivating the account, I will teach you how to deactivate Instagram account quickly.
Method to Deactivate Instagram Account
- You need to log in to your Instagram account from a web browser on a smartphone, laptop or desktop.
- Once you log in, open your profile by clicking the profile icon at the top of the webpage.
- Now choose the Edit Profile
- Scroll down to find the option Temporarily Disable My Account.
- Choose this option and choose a reason, when prompted, as to why you wish to deactivate your account.
- Enter your password when prompted to do so.
- Click on Temporarily Disable Account.
Once you have temporarily disabled your account using this process, you can easily focus back on your life. Deactivate Instagram if you feel that it is clogging up your personal and work life a lot. Deactivating your account is a good way to take a break from all the account activity without losing your valuable information. All your likes, comments, photos, videos, etc. stay intact when you deactivate your account. You can recover all this information when you reactivate it.
How can I deactivate an Instagram account, please help me