Deleting a device from Google Passkey can be necessary for various reasons:
- Security: If your device is lost, stolen, or compromised, removing its passkey prevents unauthorized users from accessing your Google account using that device.
- Device Replacement or Upgrades: If you’re replacing an old device with a new one or upgrading your device, you might want to remove the passkey from the old device to ensure it’s no longer associated with your account.
- Device Limitations: If you have too many devices associated with your Google account, you may need to remove some passkeys to add new devices.
- Device Ownership Changes: If you’re giving away or selling a device, it’s crucial to remove the passkey to prevent the new owner from accessing your Google account.
- Personal Preferences: You might simply prefer to use traditional passwords or other authentication methods, and removing the passkey can help you revert to your preferred method.
How to Delete a Device from Google Passkey
Below are the Steps To delete a device from Google Passkey on a Computer
- Open your browser and visit google.com. Log into your Google account if necessary.
- Click your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click “Manage your Google Account.”
- Click on “Security” in the left sidebar.
- Click on “Passkeys” under “How you sign in to Google.”
- Verify your identity by clicking “Continue.”
- Choose your preferred method to verify your passkey (e.g., “Use a phone or tablet”).
- If you choose to use a phone or tablet, scan the presented QR code with an authorized device.
- Approve the request on your authorized device. You will now see the Passkeys page.
- Click the X icon beside the passkey you wish to delete.
- Click “Remove” to confirm your choice.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 to remove any additional passkeys you wish to remove.
Deleting a device from Google Passkey Using an iPhone or Android
- Open the browser on your mobile device and visit google.com. Log into your account if necessary.
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Tap “Manage your Google Account.”
- Swipe on the options at the top and tap on “Security.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Passkeys.”
- Type in your password or use your passkey to verify your identity.
- Once signed in, you will see the Passkeys page. Tap on the X icon beside the passkey you wish to remove.
- Tap “Remove” to confirm your choice.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for any additional registered passkeys that you wish to remove.