Waftr's Quick Answer to make video calls on Telegram:
1. Open Chat and Tap on the Name at the top center.
2. In the Info section, tap on the video call option.
3. Give access to a microphone for the video call to work.
To get a more detailed answer on How to make video calls on Telegram on Phone and PC, read below -
As a celebration of their 7th Anniversary, Telegram has finally introduced the Video calling feature that everyone was asking for. Telegram has become one of the top 10 most downloaded apps of all time in the last couple of years. According to the company, Telegram has over 400 million users in a span of seven years.
The feature that I love the most about Telegram and even use is sharing files without any sort of compression. It's the best tool for file transfer without damage. Apps like Whatsapp compress images like anything and the end product is not good enough in terms of originality. Telegram works like a charm on that.
To use the Video call feature, please make sure to update the Telegram app to the latest version. As you can see in the image above, the feature was added 6 days ago which would make it 15th August 2020. So, it's better to go and check if you have updated the app to the latest version.
How to Make Video calls on Telegram Mobile App
- Open the Telegram App. Once you are in, make sure you are in the Chats section which ideally would be there by default. Once you are there, tap on the person you'd like to video call. As pointed out in the screenshot, Tapping on that would open the chat window.
- Once the chat page is open, tap on the name at the top center of the screen as shown in the image below. This would open the info page for that particular user.
- Once you are on the info screen as seen below, you will find the new Call and Video options. For the purpose of this tutorial, I am enabling the video call feature. and Calling Thomas.
- As you can see, the call starts ringing and if the person is available online on the other side you will be able to talk via video. Please make sure you have a strong internet connection for this to work.
- Once connected you can see that the Camera option on the bottom left corner is enabled which means that its a call with video-enabled. If you want to change it to an audio call, you can disable the camera and continue to talk to the person as if its a regular call. There are options like the mute, flip camera as you would find on any other video call service like Whatsapp, Skype, Duo, etc.,.
How to Video Call Telegram from PC
If you are a PC Telegram user, You'll be having your app already on Your PC. Follow the below steps to make Video call on Telegram PC App. Check for the App update before following the steps.
- Open the app.
- Choose the profile of a person you want to make a video call
- Click on the Phone icon at the top corner, next to your friend's name.
- You'll see a pop-up with a phone icon and ringing notification.
- This will be a normal audio call, to convert this to video call, click on the start video button.
I think personally the video call feature is not there yet because the video seems to be a little pixelated. Thomas felt the same too. But obviously the future version of this could definitely improve it all. I'm glad that Telegram has added this feature especially phone calls have reduced a lot and people rely a lot on Internet-based video calls more than ever.
Did you know! You can simply delete Telegram with these steps
Telegram has made sure that the calls have end-to-end encryption. There is an emoji option at the top right corner to make sure whether you call connection is confirmed.
Telegram has also officially announced that they are actively working on future version with features like group calling etc., which definitely seems hopeful.
2020 has turned our lives into something that requires face to face video communication almost a necessity in our daily lives. So, no wonder internet companies are taking advantage of this opportunity to develop their product with such features.