Students find E-learning as an effective and adaptive method, as they can learn it on the go with the help of mobile phones or laptops. There are many e-learning websites available which makes you learn to code online for free. Among those here, I have listed the best websites for learning codes. Most of the websites tutors on java scripts, HTML and CSS. In this space, our goal is to list down the best platforms to learn coding or programming. You can also check my previous posts on learning How to Design, Learn Ethical Hacking, Learn Web Development.
Best Websites to Learn Programming Online for Beginners in 2020
Based on the following parameters, we have listed down top 15 websites/platforms to learn to program. The factors include – Amount of FREE content, No of courses, Popularity or Traffic.
1. GrassHopper: Learn to Code
• Global Alexa Ranking - 805,284
• Daily Unique Visitors - 926
- Global Alexa Ranking - 164
Udemy is a marketplace for programmers across the globe to list their programming courses. IN addition to a range of programming courses starting at just $5, there are many that are FREE as well.
- Global Alexa Ranking - 295
- Daily Unique Visitors - 718,551
Download Udemy iOS App - 4.5
Coursera offers paid and FREE programming/coding courses across domains. The platform has over 1000+ courses rendered by around 120 premier technological institutions. Coursera does offer courses not just in English, but also in Spanish and Chinese. Besides coding, Coursera teaches cryptography, social psychology, finance, and engineering too. Education is provided by the best universities like the University of California, University of Pennsylvania and duke university.
- Global Alexa Ranking - 676
- Daily Unique Visitors - 430,348
EDX offers an assortment of programming and computer science related courses from across premier institutions. In addition to paid courses, EDX also offers FREE content for learners.
- Global Alexa Ranking - 1,031
- Daily Unique Visitors - 186,093
Download EDX Android App - 4.6
Download EDX iOS App - 4.6
Udacity started giving computer science classes through Stanford University in the year 2011. Now, Udacity is educating students on programming principles, building high performance, software testing, computer graphics, and many other programming courses. Udacity is premised around providing affordable, accessible, highly effective, and engaging higher education to everyone. A wide variety of affordable online courses on coding are available on Udacity.
- Global Alexa Ranking - 1,530
- Daily Unique Visitors - 151,731
• Global Alexa Ranking - 1,972
• Daily Unique Visitors - 120,061
- Global Alexa Ranking - 2,930
It offers an interactive course on we development, mobile development and business development. It also provides courses on word press, python, java and ruby. Treehouse gives a quick about how they teach, for new students.
- Global Alexa Ranking - 4,588
GITHUB is a collaboration community, where programmers from across the planet share their coding experience along with their work for others to use. This code learning website also houses over 500+ FREE coding books covering all kinds of programming languages.
- Global Alexa Ranking - 66
- Daily Unique Visitors - 3,169,213
- Global Alexa Ranking - 10,079
- Daily Unique Visitors - 24,842
On Encode one can learn to code with bite-sized programming lessons for FREE.
• Daily Unique Visitors – 11,235
Download Encode iOS App - 4.8
Learning Ethical Hacking and IT Security for FREE.
• Global Alexa Ranking - 13,677
• Daily Unique Visitors - 17,472
Download Encode iOS App - 2.4
codecombat.com is another interesting online e-learning website which educates user by allowing them to play. Yes, it is a website to learn to code for games. You could even code for mazes, puzzles and multiplayer games.
- Global Alexa Ranking - 63,975
• Global Alexa Ranking - 79,376
SQLzoo offers a complete tutorial on SQL using SQL server, Oracle, DB2 and MySQL. It would be very useful for students who are interested in learning Database and Oracle.
- Global Alexa Ranking - 86,626
- Global Alexa Ranking - 474,349
• Global Alexa Ranking - 426,159
• Daily Unique Visitors - 1,608
Download Mimo iOS App - 4.3
• Global Alexa Ranking - 596,232
• Daily Unique Visitors - 893
Download Mimo iOS App - 4.7
20. I Love Coding
- Global Alexa Ranking - 636,628
21. Programming Hub
Programming Hub is a one-stop solution to learn all the top programming courses - anywhere, anytime! It offers a clear learning path via quizzes and games along with practical assignments.
• Global Alexa Ranking - 744,807
• Daily Unique Visitors - 754
22. PI – Learn to Code
On PI one can learn to code using animation stories and puzzles. ‘PI’ platform is ideal for kids and beginners.
• Global Alexa Ranking - 4,755,107
• Daily Unique Visitors - 217
So, here it ends, these are the top 22 websites to learn coding, you just have a glance on all the websites and pick the one suits for you.
Best Free Programming language website to Code online
We have listed you the top programming languages to coding for free. Now you have to check what you want to learn and pick the right website to start learning. Also, these are not the only websites to learn to program, if you find any other better website please share us in comments.