Looking for a Good Android Emulator to use in your Windows PC, for Game or to use any other software? You are in the right place.
What is an android emulator?
If you are new to this Emulator thing, Before we begin, you should understand what an emulator does. It'll help you do what you already do on an Android phone on your PC, and on a bigger scale. So it'll be like looking at your Android phone but on your laptop or computer. Sounds great, right?
Having an android emulator is perfect for you if you want to program something for Android and need your laptop to check how far you've come. You can also download an emulator in case you want to play Android games on the big screen.
What factors should be kept in mind?
Choosing the right Android emulator will give you a seamless experience while choosing the wrong one can be utterly frustrating. Here are a couple of things you should keep in mind before you pick an Android emulator for your Windows 10:
- Stability factor- Imagine two people working in a team, except they hate each other. They'll end up slowing down productivity and probably won't give the best results. It's the same concept here. Your android emulator should be compatible with your PC. Otherwise, your PC will slow down and won't give you the best results.
- Features list- There is a lot to an android emulator than just providing the "Android" experience. Usually, these things have many capabilities and features. Make sure to check them out before you pick one. Wouldn't you rather download something with helpful features, than an emulator with features that are of no use to you?
- Speed and quality- Most Android emulators receive constant updates. These updates just make your emulator better and faster. If you catch an emulator with a lot of features, and it also runs very fast, that probably means it's of low quality.
Top 5 Android Emulators for Windows
Let's look at the top 5 Android emulators for Windows 10, while keeping the above factors in mind:-
1. BlueStacks (Gamers)
BlueStacks is the best platform for playing games and they call their emulator is 6 times faster than any Android Phone. You can play multiplayer games very smoothly. This Emulator will work fine for you if you're a keen entrepreneur. But it's another ball game if you're a game developer. If you want to earn some quick money while you test your game-developing skills, you should try BlueStacks. You'll get that sweet spot between exploration and earning! Some people will tell you BlueStacks has a lot of features, and that's true. Bluestacks is backed by very big companies like Intel, AMD, Qualcomm and more.
- Has more than 1M Android Games to Play
- Easy to install with simple steps
- Easy Game controls with Keyboard and Mouse
- Create Macros
- Play Multiple games at the same time
- Gives you High Frames per seconds (Used mainly in Games)
2. Genymotion ( Developers and Testers)
If you Google a list for top Android emulators, it may take some scrolling to reach Genymotion. However, there's a reason it's here. You know why? Because most people who are starting as developers and testers, don't have powerful computers. If you're stuck in a sticky situation like this, Genymotion will work wonderfully. With Genymotion, your computer doesn't need to be powerful, because the resources of Genymotion are vast! They also have a Cloud version, which is a server edition where you can stream the emulator in your browser.
The only negative might be that you can't make money out of Genymotion. But if that isn't something that bothers you, Genymotion has lots of advantages. If you want to test your Android app on different Android versions, Genymotion lets you do that with ease. All you have to do is switch between tabs.
- Mainly for Personal use
- Cloud Emulators available
- Run Android as Virtual Machine
- Saas and Paas available
- Automate your Tests
3. NoxPlayer (Gamers)
Remember playing PUBG, Fortnite, and CSGO on that small phone screen? Well, gone are those days. You can play heavy-duty Android games like PUBG, Justice League, CSGO, etc. right on your PC. This should be one of your picks if you want to game hard. Take in the entirety of the Android experience with NoxPlayer.
- Free of cost
- Stable and smoother Gameplay
- you can't load other apps while running this
- takes up a lot of space
- simple to use
If you're not a gamer, you can just skip to the next emulator because this one is specially designed to please gamers. Again, just like NoxPlayer, it's great for playing games like PUBG, Call of Duty, etc. You can unwind after a hard day with the mega-gaming experience of the big-screen.
The best part about GameLoop? It already comes loaded with games. You can just pick one of those and get right to the gaming part. One thing we're sure of- you'll never be bored.
- Used to be called the Tencent Gaming Buddy
- Dedicated Games page to download
- limited support for non-gaming apps
- one of the best emulators for Android gaming in Windows 10
Are you looking for something fun, but also productive? MEmu strikes the perfect balance. You can work on different platforms like AMD or the very popular, Intel. You can even switch between these two as frequently as you want. It's all in your hands.
Of course, it provides a better experience if you're a gamer, but we wouldn't think too much of that. As a developer, you'd be pretty satisfied.
- Plenty of productivity features
- Smart key-mapping
- Fast installation
- High-performance gaming
- Relatively poor graphics
What is the Best Android Emulator for PC?
We have listed the top 5 we can pick for you, now it's your turn to choose which one will work for you, If you are a gamer you can go far Bluestacks or Gameloop or Memu and that too based on the features, but If you are looking for development and testing you can pick Genymotion. Also, if you have any other emulators in mind, feel free to let us know in the comments section.