In this post, you'll find ways to show battery percentage on any model of your iPhone. With increasing specs in new Apple iPhone models, the designs have been changing a lot from the conventional ones. The top-notch display has its features, but it has also removed the spaces that were previously occupied by the status bar. And hence the battery percentage is not shown on the new iPhone models. But how can we get it back? This is a general question for many of the new iPhone users.
In this blog, we’ll discuss easy ways on how to show battery percentage on iPhone 11, X and other models. New model iPhone users are having a hard time to determine their battery percentage because the status bar is hidden in the new iPhone models, which are coming with a top-notch display.
Steps to see battery percentage on iPhone 11and X
The new 11-series Apple iPhones come with a top-notch display feature. The battery percentage indicator is hidden in these models, just like the X-series phones. The battery indicator at the top right only shows the graphical portion of the remaining battery and not the actual battery percentage indicator. you can easily pull the battery icon at the top left to down to see the battery percentage in your lock screen.
- Step 1: Swipe down the right side of the top edge of the top-notch display.
- Step 2: When you pull it down, a screen containing various options can be seen. From it, the battery indicator is also visible, and if you click on it, the percentage form is also shown. As the new screen has more space to fit in the various options, the battery indicator is both shown in graphical as well as percentage form.
In conventional iPhone models, where the status bar is visible, it also showed some additional information, including the service provider name and battery percentage indicator. But with the advent of X-series top-notch display models, the status bar has been cut short, and hence many features, including the battery percentage indicator, are also gone.
(Do note that this is different from the way the Control Centre displays on other iPhones, which blur out the top status bar.)
Alternative methods on iPhone 11 and X:
Other than the above-listed method, you can alternatively use these tips.
- Charging: Any time you plugin your iPhone device to charging, it will automatically show the remaining battery percentage momentarily. Although this option requires some physical work, you can know the battery percentage of your iPhone using this tip too.
- Use Siri: Siri is the in-built assistant for Apple iPhone gadgets. You can use Siri to know the battery percentage of the iPhone. Ask, ‘What’s my battery?’ and it will recognize the command and produce relevant results containing the remaining battery percentage of your iPhone.
Other posts on the iPhone:
1. How To Screenshot On iPhone X, XS, XR
2. How to Delete Contacts on iPhone?
3. Steps To Block A Phone Number On iPhone
4. How to Clear Cache on iPhone
5. How to Rotate a Video on iPhone
6. Connect iPhone To Tv (Wireless, USB, HDMI)
7. How to Change AirDrop Name on iPhone, iPad, or Mac?
How to show battery percentage on iPhone 7 and 8 series
If you own one of the iPhone 7, 8 Plus, or any non-X series iPhone models, then their displaying of battery percentage is a bit different from the top-notch display variants.
Like other models, these models also show the battery indicator on the top of the screen on the right side of the screen. But due to their full space for the status bar, they can show the full battery percentage too on their home screen. Follow these simple steps to know how to show battery percentage on the iPhone of the non-X series.
- Step 1: Open the Settings tab. Swiping down the screen can show you the Settings icon. Simply click on it.
- Step 2: A new menu appears from which you are required to select the Battery tab. It will open a new list of interactive menus.
- Step 3: On the ‘Battery Percentage’ box, click on it to check it. Once on, it will show the battery percentage on the top of the screen.
Using Battery Widgets
Try to use a battery widget instead. It is a secure method and can be put on the lock screen to view the remaining battery capacity. Follow these steps to add a battery widget to your device:
- Swipe to the right from your device home screen. It will open a new page containing a list of options.
- Go down that page and find the ‘Edit’ button and press it. When you press ‘Add Widgets,’ it will open a widgets tab containing many widgets that can be used on the device.
- Under the ‘More Widgets’ section, tap the ‘+’ sign next to the batteries indicator.
Hence, this adds a battery widget on your iPhone device. The next time you swipe right from the home screen of your device, you’ll find the battery widget indicator showcasing the remaining battery of your device. Follow these to know how to show battery percentage on the iPhone.
If you do not see the battery widget, follow one of these instructions.
- Toggle Today View ‘On’ by going to Settings > Face ID and Passcode > Today View ON
- Pair another Bluetooth gadget, revive a Bluetooth association, or watch that a BT gadget is right now connected with your device.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Revive Bluetooth again by making it ‘off’ and then ‘on’.
- At the point when you pair your iPhone with an Apple Watch, AirPods, or some other Apple remote connections (like Apple Pencil for iPads), you will be able to see the battery widget.
In new iPhone models, follow the steps mentioned above to get a hold of the battery percentage indicator. It will help you to get an idea of how much charge is left and also plan your day accordingly, as per your convenience.