Easy steps to set up e-commerce store
More and more people are selling their products online at varying scale. If you have an inventory of products and want to take your sales up a notch, set up a small-scale online business for yourself. If you’re unaware of how to take your business online, this article will acquaint you with the basics.
Online store (e-commerce website)
Buying and selling online has become common. The online shopping market has been growing year-on-year. With the availability of better e-commerce technology, the user experience gets better. Your goal as an e-commerce store owner is to provide your users a great shopping experience on your site. Building a great user experience for your online business might not be an easy task, but as you grow, the hard work you put into it will definitely pay off. To keep your focus on customer satisfaction, you need time. This means you will need to engage a lot of B2B e-commerce solutions to support your web store.
When setting up an online venture, it is difficult to identify the right e-commerce solution online. There are a variety of e-commerce solution providers specializing in different areas of e-commerce. We know that you want to find reliable service providers to support you during the start of your e-commerce days. This article will help you make the selection process easier. Different solution providers have been listed against the respective e-commerce functions that they serve.
List of E-commerce Functions:
- Domain name: Your online business platform must have a unique domain name. You will have to register your address with a domain registrar. Some providers include Shopify, GoDaddy and BigRock.
- Shopping cart software: plays a major role in your e-commerce website, especially if you have a self-hosted cart. It can set up inventories, manage orders and deliveries, and answer customer queries. Magento is one of the most popular self-hosted shopping cart software providers out there in the market. BigCommerce is another good contender. It’s always a better idea to use existing software instead of building your own shopping cart software from scratch.
- Professional web design and hosting: There are many organizations in the market that exist to help you with setting up your business. These business providers also allow you to use their services in a subscription format to help you when you have low funding. Some hosting providers even give you 24/7 customer support.
- E-commerce templates: If you want to build your own e-commerce store, you have the ability to choose from an array of e-commerce templates available online. TemplateMonster and Themeforest are some of the popular e-commerce template providers.
- Merchant account: To process online transactions, you will need a merchant account to accept credit and debit card payments. Along with this, you will need a payment gateway to transfer your funds from the merchant account.
E-commerce Solution Providers
These players usually charge a monthly subscription fee to sellers for hosting the e-commerce store on their behalf. There are several companies in the market that can offer complete e-commerce support. This is a good option to consider if you want a simpler and quicker entry to the market.
Here’s a list of the top providers:
- Shopify: Shopify, is one of the first hosted SaaS (Software as a Service) applications and also one of the best. It is a self-hosted platform and comes with many features. 24/7 customer support is also available.
- Zepo: Zepo is an e-commerce startup launched in 2011 and headquartered in Mumbai. Zepo concentrates on helping new entrepreneurs build their websites. It has a user-friendly dashboard, a large set of features, and is also reasonably priced.
- BuildaBazaar: BuildaBazaar is another Saas e-commerce platform operating in India and the Middle East. It allows you to easily customize your website according to your requirements. You can also run online marketing campaigns and get more customers with its Search Engine Optimization (SEO) modules.
- Volusion: Volusion is an all-in-one e-commerce service provider. It provides help in different domains while setting up your online business platform. It has free design templates for you to try on your website. They also have 24/7 customer service.
There is no need to stick to this list. There are far more providers out there who are likely to give you a sweet deal. However, always make sure you do your background research before engaging any e-commerce solutions for your web store.