The recording app lets you record everything on your screen and turn it into a movie. Several amazing programs are available, whether you need to record assets for the job, school, games streaming, YouTubing, or you simply want a recording for gaming.
While many recording apps frequently provide cutting-edge capabilities and expensive effects, they are equally as powerful without any annoying restrictions.
Consider the following factors while selecting one of the top 10 Recording Apps for Windows 11 –
- Simple setup and usage – Make sure the video recording software doesn’t interfere with your workflow and is easy to set up and use.
- Resolution: The top recording programs will produce expert, high-definition videos.
- Format: Not every recording app is created equal. For Zoom meetings, for instance, free game recording tools might not be the ideal option.
- Output — Even screen recordings should provide a selection of file types, including MP4, MOV, and GIFs.
Why Screen Recorder for Windows 11?
There are times when a screenshot or a screen recording can be your lifesaver. Like when your girlfriend doubts you or when your family won’t believe that you are actually studying, well that’s really shocking, screen recording can prove your point easily. Apart from these personal circumstances, screen recording is a great help in professional lives too. Almost every single gamer needs to record his/her screen in order to provide content to his/her audience. Since the pandemic started, online education has exploded and probably this is gonna continue in the future too and we all know how important it is for the teachers to record their screens for their students to understand and learn effectively. There are probably more uses of this great powerful feature than you and I can even think of.
How to Screen record in Windows 11?
So, ever wondered how can you record the screen on your Windows 11 device? Actually, it is not an appropriate question as you are here for that reason only…sorry!
Recording your screen can be really helpful for you in whatever your motive is and with Windows 11, it has become much easier to do so. There are more than one methods to record screens on your Windows 11 device and it is actually, not necessary for you to use a third-party app for the purpose. You can easily and effectively record the screen on your device by using just the system apps and nothing else.
There is not a big difference in the UI structure of Windows 10 and Windows 11 and therefore, if you have used the screen recording feature in Windows 10, using it in Windows 11 will hardly be any different. Then too, we have come across several ways of screen recording and picked up the best, easiest and fastest ways for you to record screens on your Windows 11 device.
Let’s get started:
If you are or are not aware of the fact that the Xbox Game Bar comes pre-installed on your Windows 11 device, let me tell you that you can use it for screen recording purposes too. The several ways to record your screen with the help of the Xbox Game Bar are:
- In the ‘Start’ menu, click on the search bar, type ‘Xbox Game Bar’ and press the ‘enter’ key. From the most relevant results, launch the Xbox Game Bar app. Now, find and select the ‘Rec’ option to start recording the screen on your Windows 11 computer.
- Simply press the ‘Windows + G’ keys to directly launch the Xbox Game Bar app and then start recording as mentioned earlier.
- If you want to save even more time then the easiest way is to press these three keys together- ‘Windows + Alt + R’. As soon as you press these three keys, your system will start recording your screen and to stop it, you just have to press those three keys together again.
Pretty easy, right?? With this method, screen recording is nothing but a piece of cake. Later, you can easily locate the screen recording here- C: \ Users \ Your User \ Videos \ Captures
When recording the screen with Xbox Game Bar, we can also manually configure the settings for recording such as the Frames per second, Saving folder, Video quality and length, Audio and even the cursor. So yeah, this method of recording the screen is really flexible.
2. Screen Recording with OBS Studio
As a result of features, OBS Studio unquestionably earned the top spot in the list of the top 10 Recording Apps for Windows 11. The OBS Studio provides cutting-edge capabilities to make recording on PCs easier. This app allows you to share or stream content instantly while recording your screen. It enables high-quality recordings that are not time- or length-limited. Before continuing, you can decide on whatever screen area you want to record.
With the aid of the hotkeys, you can simply control the recording and create films with smoothly recorded sound thanks to the audio mixer. OBS Studio is one of the top recording programs for Windows 11 because it has a variety of screencasting functions.
- Screen capture without any glitches.
- Video Recording- sharing and streaming can be done simultaneously.
- Video broadcasting without any hindrance on a larger scale can be performed.
- Neat and clean Interface with a variety of screencasting functions.
- Freedom to set hotkeys lets you simply control and create films.
- Ability to manage quality.
- Option to have customizable color schemes
- No ability to use multiple scene transitions
To download OBS Studio app, click here
How to Screen Record with OBS?
OBS Studio is a great platform which is used worldwide by many gamers and streamers for live streaming over the Internet. Although mainly focused on streaming, this platform also provides support for screen recording to its users. Moreover, the app is free to use and it is quite interesting to record the screen with OBS Studio in Windows 11. So, follow these steps for screen recording using OBS Studio:
- Download the OBS Studio app here- https://obsproject.com/download
- Once the download is completed, install and launch the OBS Studio app.
- Upon launching the app for the first time, an installation wizard will appear with two options, ‘streaming’ or ‘recording’. Keep in mind that the app is going to optimize everything according to your choice so in this case, it is better to choose the ‘recording’ option.
- Once the app is successfully installed and launched, go to the ‘Sources’ section.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon. This will give you some choices as to which action to perform. Choose either ‘Screenshot’ or ‘Window’, based on what you want ro record at a particular time.
- Follow the on screen instructions and then click on ‘OK’.
- When everything has been set up, simply get to the ‘Control’ section and click on the ‘Start Recording’ option.
- Now, you can even minimize the OBS Studio app and it will keep recording the screen untill and unless you manually turn it off.
- The recordings are generally saved in the ‘Videos’ folder in your Windows 11 computer. Though, the storage path can also be changed manually.
Just like the Xbox Game Bar app, OBS Studio app also lets you make specific changes to the type and quality of the recording. This can be done by going to the ‘Settings’ section in the OBS Studio app.
Windows users can also try Movavi Screen Recorder. After the video has been captured, you can modify it later using the built-in editor of this recording app. It is worth a try because of a feature called scheduled captures.
It allows you to simply record webinars and live broadcasts even if you are not at your desk. You have the option of setting the recording’s time limit as well as the start and end times. However, you must pay a monthly fee to use the app. There is a free version of it, but since it watermarks the videos, there is no purpose in utilizing it.
- Screencast creation has been provided.
- Screenshot editing is offered to the users.
- Scheduled recording is enabled and can be modified.
- SuperSpeed conversion is available for the users.
- Instant social sharing can be performed as well.
- Business license-$49.95 1-year subscription.
- Personal license-$39.95 Lifetime, 1 PC.
- There is currently no Linux version available.
- The program does not directly connect to the folder containing previously recorded videos.
To download Movavi Screen Recorder app, click here
TweakShot Screen Recorder might be the greatest Windows screen recorder. Everything you could want in a top-notch screen recorder for your Windows PC is included in TweakShot Screen Recorder.
Its strong and useful capabilities make it simple to record your screen in up to 4K resolution. You may simultaneously take numerous screenshots, apply a custom watermark, record a specific screen section, and more.
Additionally, you may record yourself as you record the screen, enabling you to record videos from your camera.
- Multiple screen recording and screen capture sessions.
- Record with or without audio.
- Record voiceover.
- Create 4K, HD, and 120 fps video recordings.
- The Pro edition of TweakShot Screen Recorder with limitless video recording features costs $39.95.
- Windows-compatible only
To download TweakShot Screen Recorder the app, click here
Bandicam Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use, effective screen recording application for Windows that is great for gamers and teachers who need to record gameplay and prepare presentations. With Bandicam, you can record screen activity in the highest quality while putting less strain on your system.
It supports hardware-accelerated h.264 encoding, enabling you to swiftly capture videos with good video quality and a high compression ratio at resolutions up to 4K UHD (3840 x 2160).
- Without pausing, you can record for up to 24 hours.
- Videos in 4K Ultra HD with resolutions as high as 3840×2160 can be captured.
- The captured videos can be uploaded to YouTube in their original form (720p/1080p).
- The free version’s recording time cap is 10 minutes, whereas the full (registered) version doesn’t have one and can record continuously for up to 24 hours.
- If You use the free version, the watermark will be applied to the recorded videos.
- Start from From $39.95
To download Bandicam app, click here
One of the top 10 Recording Apps for Windows 11 is Apowersoft. The app’s UI may be straightforward, but it has many more functions than standard screen recorders. The program lets you set the recording window and record the screen for an unlimited amount of time.
Users can record audio-video, webcam, and real-time screencast editing using Apowersoft Recorder. Your video recordings can be kept on RecCloud and your device’s storage. Its availability of all these capabilities makes Apowersoft Recorder among the top screen recording programs for Windows 11.
- Multiple Recording Modes.
- Record Screen with Audio Simultaneously.
- Record Video from Webcam.
- Three-minute recording limit
To download Apowersoft Free Screen Recorder app, click here
Another option for recording apps is FlashBack Express. The video you recorded won’t have any watermarks because of the free software. The application does have a paid edition that offers far more features than the free version. App users can record their entire screen, a specific area, a window, or a webcam.
The software comes with a basic editor that you can use to crop and trim the video to your specifications. The film can be immediately uploaded to an FTP site or YouTube. You can save your video to your PC if you’d like.
There are no recording-related restrictions imposed on you by FlashBack Express. You can manually set the time restriction, though, if you choose. Alternatively, you can decide to split up extremely long recordings into shorter chunks, resulting in recordings that are just right in length. The video can be readily exported in several formats, such as MP4, AVI, and WMV.
- The annotation feature has been provided for free in the app.
- An audio capture option is available.
- Multi-Screen recording allows you to record multiple screens without any hindrance.
- High-resolution screen capture.
- Records screen without watermarks.
- Lets you split up long recordings into the right length.
- YouTube uploading and video can be exported in MP4, AVI, and WMV.
- The video recording needs to be edited with a video editing program or the Flashback Express Player before being converted to a common video format.
- There is a setting that will automatically compress and convert the video to MP3 after it has finished recording, but the only available output format is MP3.
- The common recorded video is in the. fbr format, which can only be played back using Flashback Express Player.
To Download the FlashBack Express app, click here
Screenrec offers a staggering array of capabilities typically not found in free programs and would be the ideal free alternative to Loom.
Screenrec is a resource-efficient recorder that is, first and foremost, lightweight. It allows you to record your screen at 1080 pixels with voiceovers and distribute the films without watermarks. Additionally, there is no time restriction for recording!
- Get started in 60 seconds.
- Records computer audio.
- Records your voice.
- Records your webcam.
- No watermarks or time limits.
- With a ScreenRec recorder, your initial recording time is only 5 minutes. Users must first register an account for an unlimited amount of free recording time.
- There are no video editing tools included with the software.
To download the Screenrec app, click here
A recording and editing app for Windows 11 is Wondershare DemoCreator, formerly known as Filmora Scrn. This recorder was created by Wondershare, which you might be familiar with from its well-known Filmora video editing tool and other utilities. Using this program, you can record everything on your PC’s home screen, as well as sounds from the system, your webcam, and your microphone.
It features numerous mouse-highlighting techniques and allows you to draw or comment on anything on the screen in real-time.
Additionally, Wondershare DemoCreator makes it simple to zoom in and out of a specific area of your screen while recording.
- Real-time screen drawing is possible.
- Enables you to capture a particular area of your screen.
- Allows you to pan and zoom to focus on a certain region
- A complete video editing app
- Free but with watermarks.
- However, to exempt the watermark option, you can buy an annual plan for $29.99 or a quarterly plan for $14.99/per quarter.
- After the recording is over, the webcam shuts off. The microphone, nevertheless, remains on. There can be privacy issues as a result.
To Download the Wondershare DemoCreator app, click here
Screencast-O-Matic is a video editor and online recording app for Windows 11. With this software, you may record input videos as well as displays. However, the program does not enable HD video recording. You can only capture videos in normal definitions, such as 800600, 640480, and others.
With the built-in video editor, you can draw on, zoom into, and add overlays to video files. This software also allows you to edit the audio that was recorded and sync it with the video that was captured. The majority of the video editing features are not included in the free edition and must be purchased separately.
- Free editing, including trim.
- Free music tracks to choose from.
- Freeway to add a captions file.
- The free version is the basic one, the yearly fee for the Deluxe version is $1.65/month, and the monthly fee for the Premier version is $4/month (billed annually).
- No video editing tools for free
- Limitation of 15 mins in the free version
To Download the Screencast-O-Matic app, click here
Debut Video Capture is the last screen recorder on our list. If you wish to record the screen, you can choose this program because it is pretty powerful. You can record video from external sources like webcams and security cameras as well as from the screen. When recording videos, there will be no time restriction, and a watermark will be added.
When you enable security camera recording, you can regularly record footage, and the device becomes the main center of the security system.
Before starting to record, you can apply filters, captions, and personal watermarks.
There are no facilities for post-production editing provided by the software. Thus you cannot modify videos after they have been recorded. Videos can be saved in the MP4, AVI, and MOV formats, but you cannot export them to social media sites.
- Record videos in a variety of formats, including avi, wmv, flv, mpg, mp4, and mov.
- Use a webcam, network IP camera, or other video input device to capture video (e.g., VHS recorder)Screen
- Start from $39.99
- Doesn’t have a built-in editor
To Download the Debut Video Capture app, click here
These are the top Recording Apps for Windows 11 we’ve spoken about in this article that you may choose from based on your needs, both free and paid. You can also find different ways of recording Windows 11 screen below.
12. Screen Recording with NVIDIA or AMD Software
Is there anyone who does not know about NVIDIA and AMD? Nope? Makes sense.
Using NVIDIA or AMD software may or may not be considered as using a third-party app, that’s subjective. But nobody can deny the fact that this software are on par with many highly-paid screen recording software. The names include NVIDIA Shadow and AMD Radeon. We will talk about both of these apps separately…
- NVIDIA Shadow: If you use an NVIDIA graphic card in your Windows 11 computer, you must know about the NVIDIA Geforce Experience app too. Basically, NVIDIA Shadow is just a part of the NVIDIA Geforce Experience that allows you to record your screen and this app is actually used by many professionals and gamers too. Here is a complete guide on how to use the NVIDIA Shadow to record screen on your Windows 11 device-
- Download the NVIDIA Geforce Experience app from here- https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/
- Install the app and you’re already pretty much close to the goal. Start any app or game that you want to record your screen for and press the ‘Alt + Z’ keys.
- This will open the NVIDIA Shadowoplay’s overlay window. Now, click on the ‘Record’ option and then click on ‘Start’ and the app will start recording your screen.
- You can hide the overlay by again pressing the ‘Alt + Z’ keys.
The videos will then be saved directly to the ‘Videos’ folder in your Windows 11 computer. You can also change several settings for the screen recording by manually launching the app and that’s it!
- Download the AMD Radeon app with the help of the following website- https://www.amd.com/en/support
- Install the app and get back to the desktop on your Windows 11 computer.
- Right click on any empty space and click on the ‘AMD Radeon Software’ option.
- Now, the AMD Radeon app will be launched. Click on the ‘Gear icon’.
- From the sub-menu, click on ‘General’.
- There, you will find everything that is to be set or found for screen recording.
Finally, you have set up the AMD Radeon app for screen recording and can enable/disable it at any moment.
Recording your screen be it your PC or your mobile device, have a variety of utility value. When such is the case, accessing the right screen recorder for your work becomes of the highest importance, especially when you are on a budget. To aid you in your pursuit to record your screen, we are listing down some of the top FREE screen recording software that you can get your hands on effortlessly.
Free Screen Recorder for Windows 11
Here we go, with the list of top 20 FREE software tools for screen-recording in your Windows 11 PC. Please note, in our list, we shall also cover those that are FREEmium in nature as well.
ShareX is FREE to open source screen recording software that requires its users to download on the device they use. The software offers easy screen capturing, customizable workflows, scroll capturing, multiple windows, etc.
- Website – https://getsharex.com/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 128,771
- Daily Unique Visitors – 7,392
- Daily unique Page Views – 8,166
OBS of Open Broadcaster Software too much like ShareX is an open source screen sharing and broadcasting software. The tool is available for download on multiple OS including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Website – https://obsproject.com/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 8,224
- Daily Unique Visitors – 41,668
- Daily unique Page Views – 125,004
Bandicam Screen Recording
Bandicam is a FREEmiumm screen recording tool for Windows and machines. This tool also offers multiple features including game recording, device recording, real-time drawing, camera overlays, select area recording, voice mixing, mouse effects and many more.
- Website – https://www.bandicam.com
- Global Alexa Ranking – 11,052
- Daily Unique Visitors – 47,185
- Daily unique Page Views – 94,849
FBX Free Game Recorder
FBX is primarily an open source screen recorder which is popular among its users for game recording. It allows instant clips, 24×7 recording without limits, screenshot capture, book marketing and much more.
- Website – https://fbx.gg/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 247,587
- Daily Unique Visitors – 5,675
- Daily unique Page Views – 6,446
APowerREC offers a wide range of recording solutions for Windows, MAC, iOS and Android devices. In addition to recording, the software allows video editing, webcam recording, task recording, video conversion, screenshot capture, audio recording/mixing, etc. This is a paid software.
- Website – https://www.apowersoft.com/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 7,944
- Daily Unique Visitors – 97,231
- Daily unique Page Views – 132,705
XSplit is a powerful and FREEmium screen recording and broadcasting software and is OS agnostic. This Screen recording software in addition to broadcasting your videos on multiple platforms including social and one to one, one to many devices is popular amongst gamers.
- Website – https://www.xsplit.com/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 20,943
- Daily Unique Visitors – 16,135
- Daily unique Page Views – 48,404
ScreenCastify is fully FREE screen recording software that can be plugged on to your device as a chrome extension. The tool allows easy screen capture, chrome broadcast, offline recording, autosave, GIF creation, etc.
- Website – https://www.screencastify.com/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 62,800
- Daily Unique Visitors – 12,614
- Daily unique Page Views – 17,018
iSpring Cam is a screen recording tool known to offer a complete e-learning solution. This FREEmium tool allows its users to create complete learning solution including power point creation and recording, video and audio recording, interactive assessments, screen recording, dialogue simulations, adaptive player support and more.
- Website – https://www.ispringsolutions.com
- Global Alexa Ranking – 40,608
- Daily Unique Visitors – 13,564
- Daily unique Page Views – 26,354
Flashback Express Recorder
- Website – https://www.flashbackrecorder.com/express/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 139,111
- Daily Unique Visitors – 2,407
- Daily unique Page Views – 7,222
TinyTake is a FREEmium screen recording software that allows easy recording, annotation, and sharing of video content. A user of Tiny Take can record his screen for up to 120 minutes using a webcam. Additional features include – zoom in zoom out, proxy server friendly, custom short keys, screenshots, etc.
- Website – https://tinytake.com/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 110,899
- Daily Unique Visitors – 5,364
- Daily unique Page Views – 8,808
ScreenCast O Matic
ScreenCast O Matic is a FREEmium screen recording software. It offers easy video/screen recording, audio mixing, video editing and sharing features.
- Website – https://screencast-o-matic.com
- Global Alexa Ranking – 16,020
- Daily Unique Visitors – 26,196
- Daily unique Page Views – 65,489
Ice Cream Screen Recorder
Ice Cream Screen Recorder is a completely FREE screen and video capture software available on MAC OS and Windows 10 operating systems. This software is a must try for everyone for it is feature loaded and yet is completely FREE. This is popular among podcasters.
- Website – https://icecreamapps.com/Screen-Recorder/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 56,559
- Daily Unique Visitors – 7,870
- Daily unique Page Views – 18,187
Active Presenter is feature loader Screen Recorder and Video Editor that is tailor-made for e-learning. The tool allows for easy screen recording, video editing, and sharing.
- Website – https://atomisystems.com/activepresenter/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 184,108
- Daily Unique Visitors – 1,748
- Daily unique Page Views – 5,142
Windows 10 Prebuilt
Microsoft along with its Windows 10 OS offers a prebuilt in screen recording software. To activate this feature on your Windows 10 devices you need not have to download any additional software. The tool is very comprehensive in features and allows you to perform a wide variety of tasks much like any other paid screen recording tools available out in the market.
- Website – https://www.microsoft.com
- Global Alexa Ranking – 38
- Daily Unique Visitors – 10,465,654
- Daily unique Page Views – 26,809,166
Fraps is a FREE screen recording and screenshot capture software and is popular amongst gamers.
- Website – http://www.fraps.com/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 30,976
- Daily Unique Visitors – 19,347
- Daily unique Page Views – 33,026
Filmora is a video editing and recording solution provider, who’s Filmora Scrn offers both FREE and Premium screen recording solutions for Windows devices. The free version of the tool offers Changeable cursors, video editing tool, 2 devices compatible, 15 to 120 FPS, Easy export, PIP ( Picture in Picture), Annotations and much more.
- Website – https://filmora.wondershare.com/
- Global Alexa Ranking – 743
- Daily Unique Visitors – 893,668
- Daily unique Page Views – 1,389,516
Quick Time is a fully loaded built-in screen recording tool for iOS and MAC devices.
- Website – https://support.apple.com/quicktime
- Global Alexa Ranking – 62
- Daily Unique Visitors – 4,993,651
- Daily unique Page Views – 16,443,996
MonoSnap is a FREE screen recording software for Windows and MAC machines. The tool allows its users to capture screen, zoom in and out, annotations & highlights, easy storage and sharing, and much more.
- Website – https://monosnap.com
- Global Alexa Ranking – 16,494
- Daily Unique Visitors – 26,378
- Daily unique Page Views – 60,526
VLC is a FREE-to-use video player and screen recorder available for Windows, Android, MAC, and Linux machines.
- Website – https://www.videolan.org/vlc
- Global Alexa Ranking – 2,208
- Daily Unique Visitors – 220,239
- Daily unique Page Views – 464,913
TechSmith offers a wide range of FREEmium and Premium video recording and screen capture solutions including Snagit, Camtasia, and Relay. Its Snagit tool allows its users to capture screens, and video recordings, and edit, and share their work easily. Techsmith’s tools are compatible with Windows and MAC devices.
- Website – https://www.techsmith.com
- Global Alexa Ranking – 5,719
- Daily Unique Visitors – 63,359
- Daily unique Page Views – 178,100
Here ends the Top list of Screen recording software for Windows 11, If you know any Fantastic tool to record screens in Windows, feel free to mention them in the comments.
What’s the best Screen Recording Software for Windows 11?
So, these were all of the methods for screen recording on your Windows 11 computer. There are many other third-party apps too for screen recording purposes but they are either not so good or pay-to-use apps. And why would you pay for an app which does the same things that a free-to-use app does? Right?
Hence, we included only those third-party apps which do not cost you or if they do, they are just add-ons with your graphic card.
We hope these steps are easy enough for everyone to understand and follow them. But if you have any doubts or queries, we are always there for you.