Looking for ways to screen record your iPhone along with the sound? It would not be wrong to say that screen – recording is one of the most powerful tools on your iPhone. Think about it, you can record your funny videos on sites which do not allow the direct download. Not only that, you can record chats, or share something of how you would do on your phone with a friend. The possibilities are endless! And thankfully, Apple has made it easy for recording videos as well!
How to Screen Record on iPhone with Sound?
- Go to Settings.
- Then go to Control Centre > Customize Controls.
- You will see the screen recording option, click on the plus icon next to it.
This will add the screen recording icon (which is a circle with a dot inside it) to the quickly accessible apps. Then it is easy to start screen recording.
- Tap on the same icon as you open the quick-access apps by swiping up or down your screen, depending on your iOS version.
- You need to hold on to the icon for 2 seconds.
- Wait for the three seconds countdown.
- Turn on/off the microphone. You will see that option right below the screen recording icon.
- The screen recording icon will turn red (or you will see a red bar on the top of your screen) and you will know that it is in progress.
- Click on it again. A confirmation prompt will ask you if you want to stop recording.
- Stop and voila! You have just done a screen recording.
What to do if you are using previous iOS versions?
Also, the microphone option might not appear for some apps. Some apps, like facetime, restrict recording audio. This simplicity was introduced on iPhone 11 and 12. So what to do if you are still using the previous versions?
You can use QuickTime on your mac to record videos on your iOS or iPad. Quicktime comes free with your mac, all you need to do is connect the device on which you want to screen record.
- Open the QuickTime player (select command + space and type QuickTime).
- Right-click once the app opens and select a new screen recording from the menu.
- Clicking on the arrow next to the screen recording button will help you with microphone options. This arrow also helps you choose a device if you plug in your iPhone or iPad.
- The mouse clicks aren’t visible by default. You can change that though.
- Adjust the marque according to the part of the screen that you want to record.
- To stop the recording, you will have to right-click on the dock and select the stop option.
- Save the QuickTime movie.
So, these are the ways to screen record on your iPhone. Get started today! But do note that sometimes, it might not be ethical to record something if it requires the consent of another party. So, please take the permission of the person if he/she is concerned with the recording and do not misuse any conversations or chat recordings in any manner.