Need to find more details about an Image? looking for similar images for your work? This post will help you in all the ways to do Reverse Image Search.
Searching for images with the reverse image search feature available on major search engines helps you in several scenarios. The conventional searches use the keyword (text-based) and help you get the necessary pictures, videos, news, maps, etc. data. The reverse image search feature helps you get information in the form of text, similar images, videos, news, maps, etc. using a picture/image.
It is helpful for people who want to find out more about something based on the pictorial information that they possess. Search engines like Google are famous for offering the reverse image search.
How to do Reverse Image on Google
below are the methods you can try in your Mobile or PC browser to find information about an image or find similar images. This will work on Android, iPhone and other devices too.
1. Google Reverse Image Search on Android and iPhone
In this method, I’m going to teach you how to do a reverse image search on your Android and iPhone browser.
- Go to images.google.com in your mobile browser and click Desktop site in the options.
- Now click on the camera icon and Upload the image
- You’ll see the information about the image and similar images below.
2. PC/laptop – Google Reverse Image Search
Here, I shall teach you how to reverse image search on both a desktop/laptop. There are 4 different ways in which you can reverse image search on Google using a desktop/laptop. These ways include:
A) Uploading an Image
This method helps you when you are searching for an image for which you have an offline copy stored on your computer.
- To use the reverse image search feature by uploading an image, first, you need to go to images.google.com
- Now click on the Upload an Image button to upload an image on your computer.
- Now, click on choose file to browse the contents of your computer on the screen.
- Choose the correct file that you wish to upload and click
- Finally, you’ll see image details and similar images in Google search.
It is advisable to keep the image that you wish to upload, on the desktop so that you do not have difficulty in finding it quickly.
B) Dragging and Dropping an Image on the Search Bar
This method is a more straight-forward approach for the scenario when you have the offline copy of the image.
- Open your browser window and go to images.google.com
- Now, press Alt+tab when you have the folder for the image that you wish to upload, open in another tab on your computer.
- Pick the image by clicking and holding it using the mouse pointer.
- Press Alt-Tab again to go back to your browser window. You can also take down the image to the browser window icon (when open) located on the taskbar of your computer.
- Drop the image on the webpage to start the reverse image search.
C) Search using Image URL
This method is helpful when you want to search for an image pre-existing on a website. You can either download the image and use the first two processes or use this process instead.
- You can search for a pre-existing image on a website by right-clicking on the image.
- Now, select the option, Copy Image Address from the drop-down menu.
- Open a new tab on your browser window and paste the link to do the reverse image search.
D) Right Click on an Image on a Site
This is a more straightforward approach to the previous method.
- Right-click on the image for which you wish to search.
- Now, choose the option Search Image on Google.
This will automatically open a new tab where the search results for the reverse image lookup will appear.
You can follow the same methods on your smartphone device to conduct the search too.
3. Bing Reverse Image Search
You can also do reverse image search to find Info, looks Like, Similar images, related searches and more. Go to https://www.bing.com/images/discover on your iPhone or Android or PC Browser.
- Click on the small camera button in the search bar.
- Upload an image and click search
- Now you’ll find the result with various options in Bing.
4. Yandex Reverse Image Search
Just like Google and Bing search engines, you can also do a reverse image search on Yandex. Open iPhone or Android or PC browser and go to https://yandex.com/images/
- Click on the Camera icon
- Upload or paste the image URL and click search
- You’ll have 2 options now, Show more similar images and sites with Images.
5. TinEye Reverse Image Search
Go to tineye.com in your mobile or PC
- Click on the upload icon
- Upload the image or paste the image URL and click search
- Now you’ll find the image results.
6. Prepostseo Reverse Image Search
Go to prepostseo.com/on your mobile or PC.
- Click Upload Photo
- and choose the source you want to find similar images or info through Google, or Bing, or Yandex.
- You’ll find the results now.
Although millions of people across the world use Google on for conducting billions of searches every day, only a few of them actually know about the reverse image search feature. So, you can now use this feature on Google and other search engines to use it as an advantage over the conventional search methods.
- How to do Reverse Image on Google
- 1. Google Reverse Image Search on Android and iPhone
- 2. PC/laptop – Google Reverse Image Search
- 3. Bing Reverse Image Search
- 4. Yandex Reverse Image Search
- 5. TinEye Reverse Image Search
- 6. Prepostseo Reverse Image Search