The eCommerce websites have taken the world by a storm. Online shopping sites have replaced the need for conventional retail stores. From toothpaste to vehicles, almost everything is available for purchase on these websites. I’ve ranked Top 3 Shopping websites of the world, based on their Popularity, Global website ranking (alexa.com), I’ve also given their Play Store (Android) and Apple Store (iPhone) Apps with the ratings.
Top 15 Global Shopping Websites 2019
Shopping on these sites has several benefits over shopping in conventional retail stores. The top 2 critical benefits offered by the most popular online shopping sites include:
Free Home Delivery: With the free home delivery feature, now the shopping site personnel do all the heavy lifting for you. You do not need to step out of your AC room in the summer heat to purchase an item anymore.
Large Variety of Choices: You can window shop for millions of products on online shopping sites without any restrictions. Unlike conventional retail stores, these websites offer you a large variety of products to choose from and are nearly never out of stock for an item.
Here, I shall list down the top global online shopping websites for both Men and Women that are famous for serving their customers with the utmost respect and dedication.
Amazon is the world’s number one eCommerce store. This website has received critical acclamation from shoppers all over the world.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon has taken the company to achieve an unmatched potential in the market. In return, the company has made him one of the richest people on the planet! One of the innovative policies launched by Amazon Partner Program is that it allows the seller to market their items on the platform for free of cost. Amazon does not charge for its services unless the seller is able to make a sale on the website. Only after making the sale, Amazon takes a small cut of the profits as a commission.
The best features that make Amazon number one in its field include:
- Largest Collection of Merchandise: Amazon offers millions of different products on the platform. The global approach of Amazon has allowed it to compete in various markets in the world including Asia, America as well as Europe. Amazon provides true A to Z services for people who love to shop online.
- Seller Friendly Policies: The credit for the large collection of merchandise on the platform goes to the seller friendly policies. These policies allow more and more individual sellers across the globe to avail the benefits of the smart door to door delivery system and competitive prices.
- Innovative Use of Technology: Amazon is one of the only companies in the world that has filed thousands of different patients over the past couple of years. These patents include business models as well as technological patents. Amazon is responsible almost single-handedly for giving tough goals to all the eCommerce websites across the globe.
- Electronics: Amazon is especially popular for selling electronic items at competitive prices. You will often find several deals on Amazon that offer you up to 40% discount on premium smartphones, gadgets as well as other costly electronic equipment. Amazon also hosts a Great Sale twice or thrice a year where it offers additional discounts in form of cashbacks.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 10
- Daily Unique Visitors – 12,858,203
Download Amazon iOS App – 3.2
eBay is another one of the popular eCommerce stores. Although not as popular as Amazon in terms of conducting sales of fresh merchandise, eBay is recognized for allowing one to one transactions.
eBay is also known for providing great deals on new, genuine products on several days across the calendar year. Black Friday deals, festive season deals, etc. make a large portion of sales for the website. eBay relies on the business model that focusses on bringing the power of selling via a website, to common people on an intuitive platform for a small fee.
Some of the reasons that make eBay one of the top online shopping sites include:
- Sales of Used Products: eBay allows the sales of used products on its platform. You can post an advertisement for an article that you wish to sell as easily as a certified seller. The sales of used products allow atrue peer to peer transactions for items/merchandise to occur without a middleman. eBay collects only a small amount of transaction fee for all the products that you sell via the platform.
- Sales of Refurbished Products: Refurbished items, official or otherwise, are often available for a fraction of the price of the new product. eBay is the largest seller of refurbished items online. In fact, the sales of refurbished items account for a large fraction of the total sales on eBay.
- Global Network for Delivery of Products: eBay is also home to one of the world’s widest distributor network that allows it to ship products to a global audience.
- Reliability: eBay helps connect buyers and sellers through the platform in a systematic manner. It also handles the disputes between people in case the seller or buyer feels that they have not got the value for their money while conducting business on the platform.
- Global Alexa Ranking –42
- Daily Unique Visitors – 3,545,335
Download eBay iOS App – 4.8
After revolutionizing the retail industry, Sam Walton’s beloved company, Walmart entered the online shopping business a few years ago. Although the online shopping model presented by Walmart is not as strong as that of Amazon on a global scale, it incorporates the Walmart philosophy of customer success at its heart.
Walmart has taken its tried and tested method of making the customer number one from it retail stores all the way to its online shopping website. This philosophy has allowed Walmart to achieve great growth in the past couple of years in the offline as well as online retail industry. The wide circle of trust also allows the customers to often find heavy discounts on all kinds of products offered by the store.
The features that make Walmart a truly favourable online shopping website include:
- Reliable Sales: Walmart family has employed thousands of people across a time span of four decades. With the associate partner program in place, Walmart is home to one of the healthiest and happiest task force on the planet. Since the company has acquired a lot of acclamation
- Offline Support: Since Walmart has its primary business established in offline retail stores, it provides excellent offline support. It can easily refuel all the necessary supplies for order delivery from its offline stores that are directly linked to the eCommerce platform.
- Fast Delivery: Walmart has established the widest network of retail stores in the US. It also has several strategically placed distribution centres throughout North America. This wide network of stores and strong distribution network allows Walmart to serve its customers better with a fast delivery feature.
- Excellent Customer Support: Walmart training program is one of the most immense and acclaimed training programs in the retail industry. The Walmart enthusiasm is filled in each employee be it manager or a store helper, equally. This provides a great service and shopping experience for all the customers of the store.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 175
- Daily Unique Visitors – 1,441,845
Download Walmart iOS App – 4.7
It is safe to say that these top online shopping websites have transformed the global retail market in an unprecedented manner. With an ever-increasing demand for faster services and discounted prices, these websites are receiving tough competition from relatively smaller players like Flipkart, Target and Bestbuy. So, the next time you are searching for a new product and wish to purchase it at a discounted rate, do not forget to check out these websites once.
BestBuy is US’s largest electronic specific eCommerce store that sells electronics, computers, appliances, cell phones, video games & more new tech.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 277
- Daily Unique Visitors – 950,587
Download BestBuy iOS App – 4.8
Target much like Walmart operates both an eCommerce platform and chain of retail stores.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 374
- Daily Unique Visitors – 945,542
Download Target iOS App – 4.8
Much like Best Buy, New Egg is an eCommerce platform that sells computer parts and hardware, hard drives, cameras and software as well as electronics, tools, appliances, sporting goods, jewelry, watches, gaming and more.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 673
- Daily Unique Visitors – 524,324
Download NewEgg iOS App – 4.7
OverStock is a Fashion eCommerce platform that sells women and men clothing, designer wear, shoes, watches and more.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 514,106
- Daily Unique Visitors – 109,464
ASOS is an online fashion house that trends in menswear and womenswear. On ASOS one can shop from a wide collection of clothes, accessories, beauty and more.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 328
- Daily Unique Visitors – 240,557
Download Asos iOS App – 4.8
Macy’s eCommerce platform sells latest fashion brands on Women’s and Men’s Clothing, Accessories, Jewelry, Beauty, Shoes and more.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 734
- Daily Unique Visitors – 267,195
Download Macys iOS App – 4.8
Etsy is known for selling handmade gift, vintage & on-trend clothes, unique jewelry, and more.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 174
- Daily Unique Visitors – 990,508
Download Etsy iOS App – 4.6
Gap is clothing and fashion eCommerce websites that offer their own line of women’s, men’s, maternity, kids’ & baby clothes.
Download Gap Android App – 3.3
Download Gap iOS App – 4.8
GameStop is world’s largest retail gaming destination for Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch games, systems, consoles & accessories.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 1,189
- Daily Unique Visitors – 183,895
QVC sells a wide range of products including appliances, electronics, clothing, cosmetics, jewelry and more. This online shopping site also runs a TV based shopping channel.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 3,389
- Daily Unique Visitors – 44,419
Download QVC Android App – 4.3
Download QVC iOS App – 4.9
Much like Amazon and eBay, Kohls sells everything that is sellable including clothing, furniture, electronics, appliance, jewelry, shoes, watches etc.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 1,119
- Daily Unique Visitors – 182,171
Download Kohls iOS App – 4.8
Zulily is an online shopping platform for clothing and accessories for moms, babies, men, and kids. They also host a range of products including home décor, toys etc.
- Global Alexa Ranking – 2,903
- Daily Unique Visitors – 47,724
Download Zuily iOS App – 4.8
These are the best 15 American E-commerce sites based on my ranking in 2019, you can show your suggestions in the comments below.
India Online Shopping websites 2019 Ranked
In the midst of India’s growth story, there is another domain that has taken a leap towards the sky with numbers and that industry is none other than eCommerce. I’m ranking the top best Indian shopping websites here in this post.
Here is the list of top 15 eCommerce platforms that has changed the way Indians shop. I rank them based on their Global website ranking (alexa.com) popularity and range of products they offer. I have also given their Play Store (Android) and Apple Store (iPhone) Apps with the ratings.
Amazon.in is India’s largest eCommerce website that hosts products from different sellers. Clothing, Electronics, Appliances, Furniture, Shoes, Watches, Home décor are some of the categories of products sold on Amazon.in
Global Website Ranking – 74
Daily Unique Visitors – 1,582,901
Download Amazon iOS App – 3.1
Flipkart is one of India’s first eCommerce websites that started its operation selling books online. Much like Amazon, it covers a wide range of products.
Global Website Ranking – 132
Daily Unique Visitors – 1,753,638
Snapdeal is similar to Amazon and Flipkart where one can shop Electronics, Mobile, Men & Women Clothing, Shoes, Home & Kitchen appliances and more.
Global Website Ranking – 847
Daily Unique Visitors – 309,952
ShopClues is a multi-brand and multi-category eCommerce website.
Global Website Ranking – 2,997
Daily Unique Visitors – 79,159
Jabong is a popular eCommerce portal for fashion products for both men and women. Products include – clothing, jewelry, shoes, watches, and others.
Global Website Ranking – 2,322
Daily Unique Visitors – 70,837
Download Jabong iOS App – 4.5
Myntra, much like Jabong, is a fashion specific eCommerce website. They sell everything related to fashion for both men and women. Products include – clothing, jewelry, shoes, watches, and others.
Global Website Ranking – 947
Daily Unique Visitors – 123,093
Download myntra iOS App – 4.3
PepperFry is one of India’s popular Home Décor and Furniture eCommerce portal.
Global Website Ranking – 6,221
Daily Unique Visitors – 39,203
BigBasket is one of India’s first and widely popular online grocery shop.
Global Website Ranking – 6,046
Daily Unique Visitors – 28,176
FirstCry is one of pre and post pregnancy specific online shop. It sells toys, nutrition products, kids clothing, diapers, feeding & nursing products, bath & skin, strollers, maternity clothing, footwear and more.
Global Website Ranking – 9,342
Daily Unique Visitors – 25,736
Urban Ladder specializes in Furniture and Home Décor related products. They also have customized services offered on their websites.
Global Website Ranking – 28,016
Daily Unique Visitors – 9,253
IndiaMart is a B2B specific eCommerce portal that hosts products from – Industries, OEMs, Automobiles etc.
Global Website Ranking – 732
Daily Unique Visitors – 472,857
TataCliq is lifestyle specific eCommerce portal from the Tatas. Products include – Electronics, Fashion, Appliances, Jewelry and more.
Global Website Ranking – 5,665
Daily Unique Visitors – 57,033
InfiBeam is an online shopping store that sells mobiles, books, electronics, clothes, shoes, laptops, home appliances etc.
Global Website Ranking – 35,823
Daily Unique Visitors – 12,874
Grofers is similar to BigBasket. It is one stop destination for all kinds of Groceries.
Global Website Ranking – 20,930
Daily Unique Visitors – 14,041
Download Grofers iOS App – 4.4
HomeShop18 is a multi-category eCommerce website that sells products related to Fashion, Electronics, Appliances, Home Décor, Mobile Phones, Kitchenware etc.
Global Website Ranking – 28,432
Daily Unique Visitors – 8,298
These are the best 15 Indian E-commerce sites based on my ranking in 2019, you can show your suggestions in the comments below.
Easy steps to set up e-commerce store
More and more people are selling their products online at varying scale. If you have an inventory of products and want to take your sales up a notch, set up a small-scale online business for yourself. If you’re unaware of how to take your business online, this article will acquaint you with the basics.
Online store (e-commerce website)
Buying and selling online has become common. The online shopping market has been growing year-on-year. With the availability of better e-commerce technology, the user experience gets better. Your goal as an e-commerce store owner is to provide your users a great shopping experience on your site. Building a great user experience for your online business might not be an easy task, but as you grow, the hard work you put into it will definitely pay off. To keep your focus on customer satisfaction, you need time. This means you will need to engage a lot of B2B e-commerce solutions to support your web store.
When setting up an online venture, it is difficult to identify the right e-commerce solution online. There are a variety of e-commerce solution providers specializing in different areas of e-commerce. We know that you want to find reliable service providers to support you during the start of your e-commerce days. This article will help you make the selection process easier. Different solution providers have been listed against the respective e-commerce functions that they serve.
List of E-commerce Functions:
- Domain name: Your online business platform must have a unique domain name. You will have to register your address with a domain registrar. Some providers include Shopify, GoDaddy and BigRock.
- Shopping cart software: plays a major role in your e-commerce website, especially if you have a self-hosted cart. It can set up inventories, manage orders and deliveries, and answer customer queries. Magento is one of the most popular self-hosted shopping cart software providers out there in the market. BigCommerce is another good contender. It’s always a better idea to use existing software instead of building your own shopping cart software from scratch.
- Professional web design and hosting: There are many organizations in the market that exist to help you with setting up your business. These business providers also allow you to use their services in a subscription format to help you when you have low funding. Some hosting providers even give you 24/7 customer support.
- E-commerce templates: If you want to build your own e-commerce store, you have the ability to choose from an array of e-commerce templates available online. TemplateMonster and Themeforest are some of the popular e-commerce template providers.
- Merchant account: To process online transactions, you will need a merchant account to accept credit and debit card payments. Along with this, you will need a payment gateway to transfer your funds from the merchant account.
E-commerce Solution Providers
These players usually charge a monthly subscription fee to sellers for hosting the e-commerce store on their behalf. There are several companies in the market that can offer complete e-commerce support. This is a good option to consider if you want a simpler and quicker entry to the market.
Here’s a list of the top providers:
- Shopify: Shopify, is one of the first hosted SaaS (Software as a Service) applications and also one of the best. It is a self-hosted platform and comes with many features. 24/7 customer support is also available.
- Zepo: Zepo is an e-commerce startup launched in 2011 and headquartered in Mumbai. Zepo concentrates on helping new entrepreneurs build their websites. It has a user-friendly dashboard, a large set of features, and is also reasonably priced.
- BuildaBazaar: BuildaBazaar is another Saas e-commerce platform operating in India and the Middle East. It allows you to easily customize your website according to your requirements. You can also run online marketing campaigns and get more customers with its Search Engine Optimization (SEO) modules.
- Volusion: Volusion is an all-in-one e-commerce service provider. It provides help in different domains while setting up your online business platform. It has free design templates for you to try on your website. They also have 24/7 customer service.
There is no need to stick to this list. There are far more providers out there who are likely to give you a sweet deal. However, always make sure you do your background research before engaging any e-commerce solutions for your web store.
- 1. Amazon
- 2. eBay
- 3. Walmart
- 4. BestBuy
- 5. Target
- 6. NewEgg
- 7. OverStock
- 8. ASOS
- 9. Macy’s
- 10. Etsy
- 11. Gap
- 12. GameStop
- 13. QVC
- 14. Kohls
- 15. Zulily
- India Online Shopping websites 2019 Ranked
- Easy steps to set up e-commerce store
- Online store (e-commerce website)
- List of E-commerce Functions:
- E-commerce Solution Providers