Signal has become part of our daily tech conversation in a magnitude where it's not strange anymore. Elon Musk should take credit for most of it. Needless to say, WhatsApp's screwed up updated policy is worth mentioning in credits as well.
How to Hack a Signal Account?
Since the whole conversation is around privacy and whether these tech companies can actually read your messages, it begs the question "Is it really possible to hack the signal account??". I personally went on a rabbit hole to find some answers that can give you some sort of assurances as to whether it's safe to use Signal for our daily instant messaging needs and video calls?.
The signal messaging platform uses the cryptographic protocol called The Signal Protocol is formerly known as the TextSecure Protocol. This encryption can be used to secure texts, phone calls, and video calls. This was developed back in 2013 by the Signal Foundation which was founded by Moxie and Brian Action (founder of WhatsApp).
The encryption uses a combination of Double Ratchet algorithm and a 3DH handshake.
This protocol has been implemented by other IM platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and even Telegram. Since the other companies have adapted to these algorithms, it's safe to say that it's a protocol that works just fine without any problems. Also, you could say this encryption is used by around a billion people around the world.
The signal app promises to provide
- participant consistency
- destination validation
- post-compromise security
- forward secrecy
We cannot deny the fact that Signal has come across vulnerabilities in the past. But that doesn't mean that the brilliant messages can take away your private messages at the moment. Last year, Researcher David Wells was able to find that anyone could track any user's movements (location) by making a call to their registered signal number irrespective of whether that person has your phone number saved. A patch was released immediately and it was fixed but this seems like a bug compared to the validating of the protocol that supplies end-to-end encryption.
Hacking firm Cellebrite's claims
Aside from the vulnerabilities I mentioned above, there is one major claim in the past that actually suggested that the end to end decryption could be actually decrypted. If that's the case, then the whole selling point of Signal Protocol goes down the drain.
Cellebrite is an Israel-based Japanese-owned security company that made the claim mentioned above. This company claims it can actually decrypt every text message sent using only an Android Phone. Even though Signal was the most secure thing as of the date in terms of IM security protocol, this was a big claim.
But to date, there hasn't been any update from Cellibrate or Signal regarding this claim.
Is Signal unhackable?
If I say Yes, I would be the most arrogant person in the world and I don't have anything to do with Signal at all. There could always be something that pops up to overturn the privacy that Signal promises. So, it's good to be on the side of the law that regulates these apps and read through privacy policies, and Accept only if it's feasible to you. It's always good to look for other options if it doesn't work for you. All the best.
Ways to Hack a Signal Account
Below are some of the methods we happened to find on the Internet which says they can Hack a signal Account for 100% and in a few minutes, Before analyzing more about these, lets see what all the ways we got in line here-
UnderSpy Market themselves as a professional app used to monitor your family and employees. They not only help you to hack a signal account, but they also help you hack Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, and what not? they have all the social media on the list. Below are the ways they mentioned on their website.
- Download Underspy Signal Hack tool.
- Purchase subscription (seriously, this is where you fall)
- Download and install the app on the victims phone
- Start monitoring the Signal messages.
This Signal hack possible? No way, you will be end up paying the subscription and get fooled. let's go the other service.
You can also try these interesting Signal posts:
1. Is it Possible to Hack A Signal Account?
2. Add Custom Wallpaper on Signal
3. Signal app on Apple Watch, is possible?
4. Fix - Signal App not working
5. Use Signal App on PC
6. Delete Your Signal Account Permanently
7. Change Signal App Notification Sound
8. Send Animated Stickers on Signal
How to keep your Signal app more secure from Hackers
Below are the steps you should follow and never miss, avoiding any of these will lead to hacking someone's signal account.
- Don't install any app outside of the official store. Install Apps only from iTunes store or Android play store on Mobile and the same for PC and Mac.
- Update the App as soon as possible. Updates are not just to improve the features or fix bugs, it will also update the app code to fight against the new malware.
- Have your phone secured with a pin or fingerprint lock, people near you can easily install malicious apps to read your Signal messages.
- Don't use public Wi-fi. Free Wi-Fi sometimes can easily get your phone compromised with any malware or apps to hack your phone. If you want to use Public wi-fi, use that with any good VPN.
- Install Antivirus App. Try to have an Antivirus app on your PC and Mobile phone, this is of useless for 95% of the time, but that 5% is where you get hacked.