Waftr’s Quick Answer:
To Turn Off AirDrop via Control Center:
1. Swipe down or swipe from right to go to the control center.
2. Press and hold Bluetooth option.
3. Now click on the Airdrop icon to turn it OFF. Press and Hold to see the other options.
To Turn Off AirDrop via Settings App:
1. Open Settings.
2. Choose General.
3. AirDrop -> Receiving Off.
To get more detailed answer on How To Turn Off Airdrop, read below-
If you use any device in the Apple Product line, it cannot be explained easier than this that its probably the best way to send files via Airdrop. Once you turn Airdrop ON, You can send files from iPhone to Mac and Mac To iPhone quick and fast using Airdrop. Once you are done with it, you might want to know how to turn if OFF too.
This is very similar to how you use ShareIT or any other third party apps. Share IT works between Android and iOS devices as well. But obviously it requires you to install and app separately in both the devices.
Apple has taken a lot of care in designing the Airdrop process to make it as easy as possible years back, to share files without using any other app. But Google just now came up with Nearby Share for Android, a functionality just like Airdrop, which is still in beta.
How to turn off AirDrop on an iPhone via Settings
- Open the Settings App.
- Go to the General section in the Settings.
- Under the General, choose Airdrop.
- There will be three different options inside Airdrop. Choose Receiving off. They are Receiving off means you are actively choosing to not receiving any files from anyone, Contacts only means you don’t want any strangers to send you files, Everyone means anyone with an iOS or macOS device can send you files via Airdrop.
How to turn off AirDrop on an iPhone via the Control Center
- If you are using iPhone X or later, swipe down on the top right corner of the screen to view the Control Center. If its a device earlier or iPhone 8 Plus, swipe up from the bottom left or right corner of the screen.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth icon until the Submenu appears.
- In the submenu, press and hold the Airdrop option.
- Choose Receiving off. They are Receiving off means you are actively choosing to not receiving any files from anyone, Contacts only means you don’t want any strangers to send you files, Everyone means anyone with an iOS or macOS device can send you files via Airdrop.
If you are concerned about privacy, its a good option to keep it turned Off but I personally haven’t seen any side effects of actually keep in ON even after successfully transferring files to other devices using Airdrop.
More Posts on Apple: