As you purchase a new phone, transferring everything from the old phone to a new phone is one of the most important things. If you want to make the transferring process easier, please don’t miss this post, for it will tell you 4 practical approaches to transfer everything from the old phone to the new phone. So, you can make the data transfer more convenient from Android to Android, from iPhone to iPhone, from Android to iPhone, and vice versa.
1. Transfer Files from Android to Android (MobKin)
To start with the File transfer you need an App to make the work, I'm going to use MobKin Transfer for Mobile, This is an all-in-one transfer application, and you can transfer 8 main sorts of data from Android to Android, including contacts, call logs, text messages, photos, music, videos, apps, and documents. Thus, you can transfer almost all the whole data from Android to Android with this app in 1 click. If needed, you can choose to clear the data on the target Android device before transferring.
- Download MobiKin Transfer for Android and install it on your computer. Then launch the app.
- Connect your both Android phones to the computer with USB cables and enable USB debugging on the phones;
- Once connected, you will see two Android phones on the screen. Now, you can select the data on the middle panel and click on the “Start Copy” icon.
The program will transfer your selected files from the old phone to the new one automatically.
What’s more, this app has two connecting methods. On one hand, you can transfer files with USB cables. On the other hand, if you want to transfer data from the old Android phone to the new Android phone wirelessly, you can connect the Android handsets to the computer via Wi-Fi.
Besides, this app is not only compatible with Android devices but also supports iOS devices, so you can also use it to transfer data from iOS to iOS, from Android to iOS and vice versa.
2. Transfer Files from Android to iPhone (Move to iOS)
If you want to transfer everything from Android to iPhone, Move to iOS is a helpful tool. Your contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars can be moved from the old Android to the new iPhone without trouble.
Steps on how to move everything from Android to iPhone with Move to iOS:
- Download the app on your Android phone in advance, and make sure your iPhone and the Android phone are linked to the same Wi-Fi;
- When you set up your new iPhone and see the App & Data page. please tap on the “Move Data from Android” and “Continue” icons;
- Then you will receive a code on the iPhone. You need to enter Move to iOS app on the Android phone and type the code on it;
- Choose the data you desire to transfer and click on the “Next” button. The software will begin to transfer the files from Android to iPhone.
3. Transfer Files from iPhone to Android (Google Drive)
If you are an iPhone user and planning to switch to Android you have many options. If you have very good internet connection you can use Google Drive to transfer files from your iPhone to Android.
- On your iPhone install Google Drive
- Backup all your files including Contacts, Calendar Events, Photos and Videos.
- Now Login using the same gmail account on your Android mobile
- Now you can download all the files to your phone. Also, you have all the files in cloud and you can see them from anywhere using your Google account.
If you are a Samsung user, you can choose the Samsung Smart Switch. It can send your contacts, photos, calendars, documents, and more from the old iPhone to the new Samsung. If your new phone’s brand is LG, you can choose the LG Bridge. Actually, many Android brands have their own transfer apps Like Smart Switch and LG Bridge, so you needn’t worry about that.
Using Smart Switch to transfer Files
- On your new phone, go to the Settings app and click on the “Cloud and accounts”, and then you can see the “Smart Switch” option on it;
- On the other device, please download the software on the Play Store;
- Next, connect two phones with a USB cable and a USB connector;
- Run the program on your new device and click the “Start” icon. Then you need to follow the prompts;
- After connecting, please select the data types to transfer on your old phone. At last, click the “Transfer” icon, your selected data will be sent from the old iPhone to the new Android phone.
4. Transfer Files from iPhone to iPhone (AirDrop)
To transfer files from iPhone to iPhone is not difficult, because they are the same OS, you can transfer the files you want via AirDrop directly. However, if there are too many files to transfer, it will take more time, and you are required to select the data manually.
- Switch on the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirDrop on both iPhones. Then you need to choose the “Contacts only” or “Everyone” according to your requirements;
- Then Pick out the files you want to transfer on your source iPhone, and click the “Share” icon;
- Finally, choose the “AirDrop” option and select your new iPhone on the interface. Please tap on the “Receive” icon on your new phone. The data will be transferred from the old phone to the new one soon.
It is believed that the solutions mentioned above will be effective to help you solve how to transfer everything from old phone to new phone, despite the Android and iOS OSes. By the way, you can mark this page on your browser and read it again when you need it. Thanks for reading.