Looking forward to taking screenshots on your iPhone X or XS or XR? Follow this post – Screenshots from your phone can enhance your communication experience, sharing clips of your favorite videos, your calorie and steps count, high scores from your games, conversations on social networks, and almost anything and everything you see on your screen. Conventionally, in previous versions of the iPhone the screenshots were taken by clicking on both the Home and Power buttons. But with iPhone X, and iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, the Home button is ditched! In my previous post, I wrote about How to Take a screenshot on MAC.
Ways to Take Screenshot on iPhone X
So, how exactly do you capture the screen now?
The simple answer to this question is: Just press and release the lock button and volume up button at the same time.
As the iPhone Face ID is replaced with Touch ID taking a screenshot is slightly different from other iPhones. It will take time for you to get used to it. There are many ways of taking a screenshot. Let us discuss it :
Simplest and the easiest way of capturing screenshot is just press and release the lock button on your right-hand side and volume up button on your left-hand side at the same time.
2. iPhone X Screenshot using Assistive touch :
Some other way of taking a screenshot is by turning on “Assistive touch”. It involves many things. Such as, activating 3-D touch or multi-finger swiping.
- Go to the setting. Click on accessibility.
- Now click on Assistive touch.
- Tap customize the top-level menu.
- Now the list of different choices will appear and you can scroll down to add screenshot. You can also choose how you want to open up the menu.
- After this tap on the screenshot. You’ll see white flash which means that you have successfully taken the screenshot. And in case your phone isn’t in silent mode. You will hear a shutter noise as well.
- Your screenshot will appear on the bottom left corner of your screen And if you don’t swipe left it will get disappeared automatically in some time and save to the camera roll.
- If you tap on the screenshot you’ll get an option to edit the picture.
Apart from editing there are many options like to crop or magnify the image and you can also mark it up with a variety of coloring tools. You can also share the screenshot on your social networking like Instagram, Facebook or wherever you want to share it.
3. Taking screenshots with the help of an App
It is not important to use traditional methods to take a screenshot. In case if your volume button stops working you can download a few apps like screenshot-frame maker, DS screenshot, or screenshot from the iTunes to capture a screenshot.
If we talk about android phones over iPhone the process of taking a screenshot is slightly different too. In android, you just have to click on the lock button and volume up button which is located in the same place but the iPhone x lock button is located on the right side and the volume button is located on the left side which decreases the chances of an accidental screenshot. Now when you know about the many different ways of how to take a screenshot on the iPhone, you can use any technique as per your ease and comfortability.