Google meet joins the list of best free video calling apps after Google announced earlier this month. Google meet formerly Hangouts Meet is a premium video meeting app is now free for everyone and became a very good Zoom alternative. Now a mass crowd started using Google Meet for free and the next question is How to record Google meet and presentation? We have many answers to that.
How to Record Google Meet
In this post, I've explained all the ways to record Google meet in very simple steps for Both Paid and Free version also in Windows PC, MAC, and Mobile.
Record Google Meet in Paid Version
To record Google Meet and save that to your Google Drive you have to pay and subscribe to G Suite Enterprise Essentials. If you own G Suite Enterprise Essentials, then recoding your meeting is a button click away.
- Click on the three dots at the bottom right
- You'll get a list of options, Click on Record meeting
- again click on the stop button to stop the meeting.
Your recording will be saved to your Google Drive, you can also download that to your PC.
Record Google Meet in Free Version
Now moving to record Google meet on the free version, You don't have any official way from Google to record any meetings or presentations happening on Google meet for the free users, don't worry I got your back. I'm going to help you with alternative ways to record your Google meet in very simple steps.
1. Record Google Meet on Windows PC
Windows PC has many different options compared to MAC. below are some methods to record the meeting.
Using record option in Windows Game Bar
Don't feel bad if you don't know about the Game bar in Windows 10, this is specially made for Gamers to record their gaming clips in Windows PC. So, How are we going to use this to record a Presentation in Google Meet?
- When your Google Meet presentation is running, Press Winkey + G
- Now you'll get a Game bar with many options
- Click on the record button
Using Video Recorder software
There are many video recording software out there, you can use them to record the whole screen or part of the Google Meet screen along with Audio. I've tried Camstudio and it worked fine for me.
- Download and Install Camstudio from the official website.
- One the app to see a small window like shown below
- Click on the Red button to start recording the video.
- Your video recording will be automatically stored in the assigned location.
For better and more features use paid video recording tools like movai
2. Record Google Meet on MAC
There is another very good screen recording tool you can use on MAC PC to record your meetings and presentations along with Audio and Webcam called Snagit. This is a very good application with simple steps to make a brilliant video capturing.
- Choose the Region you want to record - A Window or Full Screen or a portion of the video
- Turn Webcam option ON if you want to record your Webcam video too.
- Turn Microphone ON to record your Audio.
- Turn System Audio ON
- You are all set and now Click on Capture to start recording your screen
Snagit is a premium tool, you can try the 15-day trial to judge this one and buy a premium for a lifetime for an affordable cost. You can also use this tool on your Windows PC.
3. Record Google Meet on Android
Looking for ways to record Google Meetings and presentation on Android Mobile phone. You can do an easy recording with audio on Android phones in a few taps if you have a built-in screen recording option.
- When your meeting is about to start to click on the Screen recorder button inside the Quick setting bar. Choose to record both the Mic audio and Mobile audio to get recorded.
- Click start and record the meeting, once the meeting is done, click on the stop icon and finish recording. The recorded video will be saved inside your Android mobile Gallery.
Below are the some of the Screen Recording Android Apps, if you don't have built-in screen recording app.
With these apps, you can record the screen for free with audio, webcam video recording, and in High quality (1080p and 60fps). Once the screen recording is done you can use Android video editing apps to edit and make the video as you want.
4. Record Google Meet on iPhone
Every iPhone has a Screen recorder functionality built-in under the Control center, Screen recording on iPhone can be done in a few simple clicks.
- Go to control center just before your Google Meet or Presentation starts and click on the screen recording button
- Now choose to turn ON Microphone
- Click Start Recording
- When your meet is done, Click Stop to end the recording.
If you have lower-end iPhones, below are some of the video editing apps for you from Apple store.
Use these apps to record your meeting, to get more features just pay and do in-app purchases which will be totally worth the money to capture the screens in a presentable way. After the record use iPhone video editing apps to do all the edit works.
I hope this article helped you to record Google meet, if you find any difficulties, please let me know in the comment section.