Anyone who gets an iPhone or any smartphone would be interested in customizing the features and settings for their preferences. Also, it's a fun thing to do. Don't you agree? Maybe you don't want notifications blaring out while you are sleeping or you don't like the ringtone that comes on by default. Whatever it is that you want, you could easily do it by making sure you change them clearly.
So, Let me tell you why I always keep my alarm on vibrate. I used to work in a job where my shift starts at 3 am. Yes, 3AM. You heard it right. So, I had to rely on Alarm to wake me up. Every time that alarm rang, I hated my life. It was difficult. I left that job after a year. After that, I don't use alarm with sound on. If I do that by mistake, it gives me extreme anxiety when I go bed. Now, that I have an Apple Watch, I use the haptic vibrations to wake me up when I set an alarm. Vibration is the way to go.
Also, why do you want to wake up everyone around you by setting your alarm on Ringtone? If its just you, its better to not wake them up right?
- Open the Clock app in your iPhone.
- Select Alarm Tab from the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Edit at the top-left.
- Select the alarm that you wish to modify.
- Tap the Sound button.
- Choose None at the bottom of the list.
- Select Vibration at the top. Choose the type of vibration you want.
These are the quick steps to do this. In case if you want to read a detailed explanation of the steps with images, keep reading.
how to make iphone alarm vibrate only
These are the steps in detail to make iphone alarm vibrate only.
- Open the Clock app in your iPhone Home screen.
- Once you are in the Clock App, tap on the Alarm tab at the bottom if you are not there already.
- In the Alarm tab, you will see all the available alarms as a list. Tap on Edit at the top left corner of the screen. You will see the red delete option once you are in the Edit Mode.
- Choose the Alarm that you would like to change to Alarm only by tapping on it. You will see a screen with options to modify where you can change the vibration and sound.
- Choose the Sound Option from the list of settings there.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and Choose None. This is basically where you would select the ringtone that you hear when an alarm sets off. Because we are choosing to have to vibrate only, we are choosing None to be the default ringtone on the Alarm.
- Scroll back to the top and see the option called Vibrate. Select it.
- Under that it would be selected as Alert(Default). You could choose the type of vibration you want as you please. I use Alert(Default) and it works just fine.
So, that's how you would make iphone alarm only in vibrate mode. I hope this was useful. Cheers !