We all need to hide photos and videos once in a while just to get out of trouble. Sometimes, its some weird screenshots or a not so decent images, people have got to do what they have got to do. So, if you are using an iPhone or an iPad, the Apple Photos app has inbuilt feature that lets you hide Photos and videos effectively without having to go to extra troubles to get this done.
First of all, you need to realize that there is not any sort of security protocols like Touch ID or Face ID to actually see the hidden photos. This way of hiding is not very great but it works. You can hide the media from the eyes of anyone who is looking into the main folders of the Photos App.
Since this is a new feature, you would want to actually updated to the latest iOS14 and iPadOS14 to make sure this feature works for you. I have been using this feature since June 2020 along with the first beta release of iOS 14.
How to Hide the Hidden Photos Album on iPhone
- Before starting the hide your pictures and videos from your Photos app, you might have to do a little knack of settings change in the iOS Settings App. This applies to the iPad as well. Open the Settings app and after that search Photos in the search bar as you can see below.
- Tap on the Photos as seen in the screeshot above and then look for the option called Hidden Album. Please make sure that this particular option is enabled like below. If not, please do it. You can change it anytime because enable or disabling this option would just hide the Hidden Album from the Photos.
- Once you are done with settings change, Go to the Photos app and then tap on any photo you would like to hide. This doesn’t have to a single picture you could also multiselect any number of photos and videos that you would like to hide. Once you are done, tap on the Share icon at the bottom left corner of the screen. This would open the Share options available for that particular image or video.
- This would open the Share window and look for the Hide Option as seen in the image below. As you can see the image/images selected would be seen at the top where the arrow points.
- As soon as you tap on Hide, you would be asked for confirmation as you can see below. As you can see, the photo will be hidden but can be found in the hidden album. You can choose to show or hide the Hidden album in settings. If you are sure to hide this particular image, choose Hide Photo.
- Once done, this image would be directly moved to the Hidden Folder in the Albums sections of the Photos App. It would disappear from the Recent or the folder you choose the photo from.
- To confirm this go to the Hidden folder in the Albums tab of the Photos app. As you can see in the image below, the Screenshot that I hid earlier is there in the Hidden Folder.
This is not the greatest feature but this is what we have to deal with as of iOS 14. We can hope to get a hide feature for this in the future which is probably the best way to hide anything. You don’t want anyone to go directly into the Hidden Album and see whatever images or videos you are trying to hide which definitely spoils the whole purpose.