The Instagram app and the web version of the same photo-sharing platform don't actually allow you to enlarge the profile picture of any particular Instagram account. This can get really annoying when you are looking at somebody's Instagram profile picture to figure out who they are (a lot of people have corny Instagram handles) and they have uploaded a group picture or something that's not a closeup. You would wish you could enlarge the picture or pinch and zoom to figure out the person.
Since Instagram doesn't have this sweet option, we have to rely on third-party solutions to fix this problem. Because of the size limit of 50 x 50 pixels in the web version, even zooming the view of the browser doesn't help much actually.
Best way to Enlarge Instagram Profile Picture
Instadp is a great web solution that lets you actually see the HD version of an Instagram profile picture. InstaDp actually uses the Instagram API directly to get the high definition version of the profile picture.
- Go to Instadp.com. This is a site that can give you the HD version of the image.
- Once you are on the site, you would see a search box at the top. You will have to manually type in the username and when the search results show up as the list, click on the username that you would like to see the profile picture of. Another easy way to get to this page is by going to https://www.instadp.com/fullsize/<username>.
- When you reach this page, you will find four tabs, profile, full size, reels, and stories. Make sure you are on the Full-Size tab which would actually show the HD version of the profile picture.
- If you want to save it you could right-click on the image and choose Save Image as.
- Once you are in the Save dialog box, select the destination where you want to save it and also make sure to enter a filename and also the file type to be set as JPEG image format.
Once it's saved, you could go to the folder where it is saved and check its properties to see that resolution of the image is definitely high definition. This is the web solution. If you are looking for a mobile solution for either iOS or Android platforms, keep reading.
Android: Download Instagram Profile Picture
There is a solution for Android operating system as well. Here's how you use it.
- Go to the Play Store. In the search option, type in InstaProfile.
- In the search results, download and install the one you which says InstaProfile | Full Profile Picture.
- After installing the app, open it to see how it works. The app is not complicated at all and on the contrary, it's the simplest user interface you will find.
- In the search box, type in the username of whom you would like to see the profile picture. In the search results, make sure to tap on the one you know to be the one you are looking for.
- Once you tap on them, it would open the full profile picture in HD. In the Android version, the app actually lets you download the app to your local phone gallery which is convenient as well.
This is how you would see the high definition picture of the profile picture of any instagram account. To see how it would work on iOS, keep reading.
iOS: Enlarge Instagram Profile Picture
The app Poze is available for iOS as well. It works the same and the app is very similar to the Android version. You could download and install it locally in your iOS device.
App Store Link : App
- Open the Poze app.
- In the search box at the top, type in the name of the user you would like to see the profile picture off in high definition.
- Once you type in, in the search results, tap on the correct profile, and the profile opens up.
- In the next window, you would see the HD version of the profile picture.
Its super easy to use and it works just fine. These are just a few suggestions as to how you could actually see the profile picture of instagram profile in HD but there are thousands of other solutions online. You could easily google and find great ones.