Instagram, I don’t think if there is a need to say anything about the app, because even while reading this article it might be running in the background already on your devices. We are familiar with the app and even addicted. We just cannot stop checking it every other hour. And one of the most common things is the videos that it offers. Be it the less than 1-minute videos on the post or their full-fledged version on IGTV, there is a common crisis that we face. We saw how to repost Instagram videos. Now, let's see how to download videos from Instagram.
Because I don’t think if we will have any second thoughts about it, that some of the videos on Instagram are so funny or maybe so emotional or so good in any other way, that we don’t want to lose track of them. And that is why this article.
Ways to Download Instagram Videos
Here are the different ways to download Instagram, IGTV videos in good quality on your PC and phone - Android, iPhone. These methods contain Mobile Apps, Video downloaders, and online sites to download videos. , If you want to download the Instagram Reels video, then scroll down to mid-way.
1. Video Downloader for Instagram (Android App)
This android app is one of the best ways to download an Instagram video. Although Android users are at the most profit when it comes to such apps, as they will find abundant apps to help them with the task.
Not only does the app does that, but it also lets you repost the videos and use the tags used in the original video without any extra effort.
2. IFTTT to Download IG videos to DropBox
This is an applet for the above task. In addition to having it, you’d need an IFTTT account, a Dropbox account, and an Instagram account. It is available for android as well as iOS. You can directly use it through the web as well.
All you have to do is add the video to the applet or like a video and it will be automatically downloaded to the chosen Dropbox folder.
Follow this link - Applet to Download Instagram videos to dropbox
It was previously known as Instadown and is a web app. It is one of the first tools that was made to download Instagram videos and that is why one of the most reliable ones too.
- Copy the video URL and paste it in Dredown, and the download will start.
- Click Dredown button and find the Video download button.
- Click on the MP4 to get the video.
It is compatible with other applications like youtube, Vimeo, Twitter, and Vevo as well. All you need is the URL to whatever video or photo you want to download.
You may also like these Instagram Posts:
1. How to Unfollow Everyone On Instagram
2. How to View Private Instagram Profiles
3. How to Delete or Deactivate an Instagram Account
4. How to Hack Someone’s Instagram Account
5. How To View Someone’s Instagram Profile Picture
6. Find who unfollowed you on Instagram
This is another web app you can go for. It works the same way as other apps, just paste the video URL in the app. And then depending on the size of the video your download will start shortly.
Remember that no matter how many apps are available on google play for you to download a video and no matter how easy it is to do the task, you cannot download a video from a private account, even if you follow the account and they follow you back. All this is only possible with public accounts.
Also, you can easily copy the link by clicking on the three dots on the rightmost corner of any post. To download the videos, you need to allow the video downloader app to access your Instagram information. The video that you download is mostly in the mp4 format.
So, these were the video downloading options for Instagram. There are plenty more available on the web and in the form of applications, but the ones mentioned above are being used vastly and as a great interface as well.
How to Download Instagram Reels Video
Instagram Introduced Reels recently as an answer to Tik Tok's great success in the short video platform, just after Instagram guides. Reels is a new way to shoot 15-second video adding stickers, music & effects and posting it as a part of your Instagram content. Your reels with reach users as a normal post in their feed but you will have a new tab called Reels similar to IGTV, Posts, Tagged posts, etc., I'm going to show you How to Download Reels video on iPhone, Android, and web browsers on your PC.
1 Best Way to Download Instagram Reels on iPhone, Android or PC
Though there are many ways to download Reels video on iPhone, Android and PC. We have one solution for this on all platforms, just follow these steps given below-
- Open the Reels video and click on the three dots at the bottom for options
- Now, click on copy link (this will copy the link to the reels video)
- Open any browser and go to instavideosave.com and paste the URL
- Click on the Download button to download the Reels video on Mp4.
This will work for sure, but if you want to try different methods or Applications specific like Instagram reels downloader, read below-
How to Download Reels in iOS?
- Open The App Store. Tap the Search bar and type in Insaver. Open Insaver from the search results and Tap on Add. If you are lazy to do that, you could click here.
- As soon as the app is installed, Open Instagram and tap on the Explore tab (the second one)
- If your country has Instagram Reels, you will find Reels at the top of all the posts. Explore the reels and find the one you would want to download.
- When that reality is playing, Tap on the three dots icon as you can see below.
- In the menu that appears, choose Copy Link.
- Go to Insaver App. If you are using iOS14 beta like me, the link that you copied from the Instagram Reel would be automatically pasted from the clipboard. If you are using an earlier version, you could paste it manually in the URL section of the Insaver App's home page.
- Insaver verifies the link you posted and shows the content of the link below. Please make sure you are pasting a real URL. As you can see, the Biriyani video Reel is shown similar to what I chose in the steps above in the Instagram App.
- Chose to Watch It. This will open the Reel in a fullscreen window and start playing it.
- Chose Options on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Share.
- In the Share window that appears, choose the Save Video option. This will make sure to save the video to the iOS Photos App.
How to Download Reels Video in Android?
Its pretty much the same steps to download reels in Android. InSaver app has an android version as well. You could download it by searching it in the Play store or You can try Video Downloader for Instagram by clicking the link here, this tool is used to download Instagram Videos and Stories, now you can download Reels video using this App.
- Download Video Downloader for Instagram App.
- Open Instagram & Copy the link from the reel video you are trying to download.
- Paste the link in the URL box of the Video Downloader for Instagram App in case if it doesn't do that automatically. This will make sure to verify the link and show you the content of the URL and you can easily save it to your Phone.
More Instagram Tips:
1. How to Delete All Instagram Posts at Once?
2. Delete or Edit a Comment on Instagram
3. How to Delete or Deactivate an Instagram Account
4. How to view any Private Instagram Private Profiles?
5. Ways to ask Questions on Instagram Story
6. How to Repost on Instagram
How to Download Instagram Reels Video on the Web?
There are so many online downloaders these days that help you download social media videos for free. A solution that I use the most of the time is https://www.w3toys.com/reels/
- Open this link. W3Toys is not just for Instagram Reels, you could download Facebook Videos, Stories, Highlights, and many more.
- Paste the link.
- Click on Download. In the preview that appears, click on Download File.
- The File gets downloaded automatically as seen below.
- You could also Right-click on the preview of the Reel and choose Save Link as.
These are the ways you could actually download Instagram Reel Videos. The Insaver & Video Downloader for Instagram are the apps that I use. There are many alternatives as well. Insaver can be annoying with the ads but you could purchase the Premium for about 799 Indian Bucks.
The apps are making use of web technology mainly to download these files. So, you can't expect high-quality downloads especially they are working with what's posted by Instagram. But these are the best possible options.
Facebook, the parent company of the Company is known for copying features from other platforms that have good reach among people in the world. Instagram Story was stolen from SnapChat and now we have Reels from Tik Tok. Hope this post showed you How to Download Reels video on iPhone, Android, and web browsers on your PC. If you still find any issues, please let me know in the comment section.