This is a feature that is very unique to Telegram. Chat Folders lets you add your telegram chats to Folders like Work, Friends, Schoolmates, Church, etc., Adding the chats to folders like these can abundantly make your life better by letting you focus on replying to messages by are. We have all been overwhelmed by the number of unread messages and there’s always this back and forth that happens in our brain when we start replying to them one by one.
Steps to Create Chat Folders on Telegram
- Open Telegram. Tap on the Settings Tab.
- Once you are in the Settings Tab, Choose Chat Folders. If you haven’t created any Chat Folders so far, you will find something like this. There you can create folders for different groups of chats and switch between them quickly.
- Tap on Add Custom Folder. As you can see Telegram is suggesting you create Folders like Personal, Unread, etc.,
- A New Folder section comes up. Tap on the Add Chats under Included Chats to add chats to this particular folder. Once you are done, you could also choose Chats that need to be excluded from this list which is not so important.
- Give a name to the Folder in the Folder Name section. The name for the folder is Mandatory.
- Once you are done, tap Create on the top right corner of the screen. After that, you will see a Work chat folder on the screen. You can delete or edit the folder at any time you want.
Use the Edit option a the top right corner to make changes to the Chat Folders. To use the Chat Folders, go back to the Chat section. At the top of all the Chats, you will find two tabs now. One says All Chats and the other one is Work which is a Chat Folder that we created. Tap on Work to see the messages from the three contacts we added earlier to the Work Chat Folder.