Waftr’s Quick Answer to Change Font style on Instagram Bio and Posts
1. Go to https://igfonts.io/
2. Type in the Bio or post content
3. Choose the font and copy
4. Go to Bio or Post and paste the content.
Instagram doesn’t let you change the fonts that you use in the app irrespective of whether its comments or bio or post description. Since you can’t do that on the app itself, you will have to use third-party services or apps and copy-paste it to Instagram. So, it’s a good idea to know How To Change Font On Instagram Bio, posts, IGTV description, Reels description, and even on your Instagram Story.
I’m sure you must have seen people posting bio or post descriptions in fonts that are fun or a little weird sometimes too. Some of the services are Igfont or LingoJam. This could be done easily and quickly using these services. Below are the steps to change the font on Instagram.
Also Read: How To Add Link To Instagram Story
How To Change Font On Instagram
- Open IgFont either on the phone or the desktop.
- In the Home screen, you will find a textbox that says “Type or paste your text here 🙂“. As the name implies you could actually type in or paste the text to change its font type.
- As you can see I have typed in “How To Change Font On Instagram” here in the image below.
- Once typed in, the website automatically lists the same text in all the different fonts as you can see.
- Select the text with the font that you like as you can see in the screenshot below. Right-click on it.
- There will be many options to manipulate the selected text. Select Copy. Now the text is placed in the clipboard. You could paste it anywhere. It doesn’t have to be Instagram. For the purpose of this article, let’s paste it to the WhatsApp web or any other app and send it to the mobile device from which you are trying to post on Instagram.
- There are other ways to post it via your Facebook Creator or even via the browser in the mobile mode. If you are unaware of how to do it, Open instagram.com, login and choose Inspect Element from the right-clicking of the page.
Did you know! These ways to download Reels video
Paste the Text in Bio
- Since the text is already in the Clipboard, Open Instagram.
- Go to the Profile tab at the bottom right corner of the screen app.
- Tap on the Edit Profile icon. You will find it at the left below the Profile Picture, details, and the bio similar to what you can see in the image below.
- In the new Window that appears, Tap on the bio text which will open the bio edit section. Remove the existing text or place the cursor where you would want to put the text with the new font. Press and hold there and in the contextual menu that appears, choose Paste. This would paste the text on the bio section as seen below.
- Once you are happy with the Bio, you could tap on Done at the top right corner of the screen. This will ensure the new bio that you just came up with goes live to all your followers and other people who see your profile.
Related: Save Instagram Photos to Phone or PC
Paste the Text in Post
The same thing works for Post description as well.
- Just open the Create Post section by tapping on the bottom center icon which is a plus icon.
- In the window that appears, choose the image/video you want to post and tap on Next at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the post caption section, paste the text with your choice of font which is already copied in the clipboard.
- And then once you are happy with the caption and other details of the post you are trying to publish, tap Ok at the top right corner of the screen.
If you are using Facebook Creator Studio or even Instagram for Web, you could do the same by pasting the text with the selected font and pasting in the post description section of the Instagram Profile or new Post.
This is an easy way to do it. There are other services to do this as well. The procedure is pretty much the same where you copy text with different font from the site/app and then paste it in the Instagram app.