As Apple does with everything else, finally they have opened up the door of lock screen customization. With the addition of widgets and home screen changes it was pretty evident that its lock screen customization is coming. From font color and styling to tiny widgets and extended wallpaper support the lock screen customization in iOS 16 is definitely a big stride.
iOS 16 Lockscreen Changes
The Lock screen is getting major updates like a custom lock screen, live activities and so much more. Now, you have themes, suggested photos, patterns, and other areas under Wallpaper options. In addition to that, notifications can be viewed in three different ways like expanded list view, stacked view, and hidden view.
See Also: How to Remove Apps from Apple Watch?
The Live Activities work in such a way that you have context with apps that are running in the background like media player, food delivery, order tracking and so much more without having to unlock your phone and then opening the app.
How to Change Font Color on iPhone on iOS 16
You need to have the latest version of iOS 16 to get this feature working because it’s a newly designed one that allows you to do the lock screen customizations. In case you have an older version of the iOS, then you might want to update to the latest one. Now that it’s October 2022, we have a public release of iOS 16. Go to Settings and update the iOS software to the latest version.
- Press and Hold on to the Lockscreen until this screen appears where you can customize the Lockscreen. Once you are here, tap on the Customize button at the bottom of the different lock screen options as you can see.
- Now you will be at the screen where you can change or customize the different aspects of the lock screen.
- Tap on the Time section of the lock screen and you will see this Font & Colour window with options of different fonts and color from which you can select based on your preference and preferably what goes well with the wallpaper.
- Tap on the color that works for you. I have chosen blue for the purpose of this tutorial. This section would automatically show colors that would work for the wallpaper that you have chosen based on machine learning.
- In addition to choosing a color, you could also change the intensity or contrast of the color you have chosen by using the slider at the bottom. Adding or reducing the slider will change the contrast at the time area as you can see below.
- Once you are happy with the colour of the font, you can tap Done at the top right corner of the screen and the color will be set to the Font in the lock screen as you can see below in the screenshot clearly.
See Also: How to Merge PDFs on an iPhone
This is how you can change the Font Color on the Lock screen of your iPhone in iOS 16. It’s super easy to do and you can change it back or modify it whenever you want. I have so many wallpapers that I have added to the Lock screen and the font color and stylings are based on the wallpaper that I have chosen for each one of them.
It’s a good thing that Apple is letting us make changes like this but it’s still a long way to go when you compare it to the Android operating system. But Apple tends to keep control of how their UI looks despite your crazy customizations. To reach the level of Android, Apple needs to let go of the control that they are holding.
I don’t personally see Apple letting go of that control but we can expect some more changes in the future which apple tends to do usually. I’m sure they will listen to the feedback that users across the world are posting and might make significant changes to the level it makes sense to them.