You've all heard it and enjoyed the enthralling shows HBO churns out every few weeks. Whether it be the realistic Chernobyl or the fictional Game of Thrones, no genre is left behind. But an HBO subscription costs a lot! Paying 15USD per month can burn a hole in that wallet. We all know the usual trick- subscribe for the show you want to watch, and then cancel the HBO Max subscription when you're done.
While getting yourself subscribed takes hardly any time, canceling that same subscription can become tricky. This is to purposely deter customers from canceling their paid subscriptions. But we won't let them get you that easy. Here are the different ways to cancel your HBO Subscription on Google Play, iTunes, Roku, and Amazon. Also, previously we saw how to cancel Amazon music subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max on Phone or PC?
Your first step is to find your subscription plan. This plan has details about your subscription, and it's also the first tool you'll need to cancel it. Go to HBOmax.com. When you've reached the subscription plan, you'll find an attached link. You'll see a pop-up box. Fill in your email Id or username and your password. Click on the button below to sign in to your account.
- Go to HBO Max website and click on settings
Open HBOmax.com, glance at the top-right corner of the screen, do you see a Settings button? Click on it.
- Choose Billing Information
Okay. Here's where it gets tricky, so keep up. There'll be multiple options to choose from. Select the one titled "Billing Information".
- Click on Manage your Subscription
You'll see that a new page has opened in front of you. This page will tell you about the services you've subscribed for. You'll also see the amount you're billed to keep the subscription going. Sift through the page. You'll see an option called "Manage your subscription".
- Click Cancel Subscription
Click on the Cancel subscription option. The final steps will be different for different platforms. Pick the platform that doesn't require the HBO Max subscription anymore.
Note: If you didn't subscribe from a platform, but from the original service itself, here's what you can do. Go to your Settings and turn the "Auto Renew" off. Your subscription won't be renewed for another term.
How to cancel HBO Max on Google Play:
- Go to Google Play store Subscriptions page or Open Play Store App and Choose "Subscriptions."
- You'll find a list of all your current subscriptions. Scroll down to find "HBO Max".
- Tap on "HBO Max." You're almost there.
- Tap on "Cancel Subscription."
- You're done! Simply exit the app.
Cancel your HBO Max subscription on Amazon Appstore:
If you are subscribed through the Amazon Appstore, you'll need to click on the link below:-Amazon.com/appstoresubscriptions.
- You'll see a box asking for your log-in details. Make sure to type in the correct password.
- Just like the Google Play Store, you'll see a list of all your subscriptions.
- Scroll till you see "HBO Max". Click on it.
- There'll be an "Auto-Renew" option. Cancel your subscription by switching off the "Auto-Renew" button. To do this, just tap on it once.
Make sure to inform your satellite service provider, if you wish to cancel HBO or HBO Go.
How to Cancel HBO Max from iTunes:
If you have subscribed HBO Max on your iPhone, iPad or Mac, you have to go to the iTunes to cancel the subscription.
- Open iTunes from the device you used to subscribe to HBO Max.
- Go to your account and log-in with your Apple ID and password.
- Once you've logged in, check the Settings menu.
- Find the "Subscriptions" tab. Tap on it.
- Click on "Manage".
- Find "HBO Max" from the list of subscriptions. Tap on it.
- Click on "edit".
- Click on "Cancel Subscription". That's all there is to it.
How to cancel HBO Max on Roku:
- All you have to do is visit their website- My.Roku.com
- Log in to your account.
- Tap on "Manage Your Subscriptions".
- You'll see "HBO Max" on the list.
- Long press and click on- "Choose Unsubscribe".
How to Cancel HBO Max on PlayStation Vue
If you want to cancel the HBO Max subscription from PS Vue, then it is made in very few clicks.
- Open the PlayStation Vue app.
- Go to settings.
- From the options, choose Select Subscription.
- You can see all your PS Vue subscriptions here, choose HBO Max.
- Cancel the subscription by clicking unsubscribe.
It wasn't that hard, was it? You can also go to HBO's official website to get a guide on how to cancel subscriptions. It’s easy, and it’s fast. You do not need to tag along with your subscriptions for months Max. Once you are done binging your favorite show, bid goodbye to HBO Max, now!