Google is one of the most excellent search engines. It takes care of all your essential day-to-day activities and handles all your data, emails, contacts, cloud storage, and so forth. There are several methods to learn how to add contacts in Gmail. You can either manually add a touch on Gmail to your mailing list via their email addresses.
5 Methods to Add Contacts to your Gmail Account
You are allowed to import new contacts through other email messaging apps, while forwarding a new message or when you reply to an existing signal from your inbox. Gmail automatically adds that connection to your mailing list on your Gmail account, you are also allowed to import contacts via a CSV file. This article focuses on several ways to learn how to add contacts in Gmail.
Tips: Do you use Gmail often? You can set Gmail as your browser homepage like I showed how to Make Google as your homepage.
1. How to add contacts in Gmail Android and iOS Mobile Apps
If you wish to add contacts in Gmail from the phone, follow the procedure given below for Android and iOS mobiles.
- Open the Contacts App
- Add a new touch by tapping the plus icon found on the lower right corner of the screen
- Fill in the necessary details like name, phone number, and so on
- Fill in the email address
- Tap the save button once you are done
This will only work if your phone is linked to a Google account that has access to your Gmail.
- Open the Safari browser on your IOS device
- Visit your Gmail account
- Tap the plus icon present at the lower right corner of your screen
- Fill out the necessary details you would like to provide
- Tap the Save icon once you are done
2. Add New Contacts using Google Contacts Website
Google has a dedicated website to check and manage your Contacts, which will get synced with your Google account and through which you access mobile numbers and make phone calls in your Phone.
- Go to contacts.google.com
- Click on Create
- You'll get a pop-up
- Fill in the details
- Click Save and your new contact are ready.
Other Gmail posts you may like:
1. How to Change Gmail Name
2. Steps to Block Emails on Gmail
3. How to Delete Gmail Account Permanently
4. How to change Gmail Password of your account
5. Recover Gmail password in 3 Steps
6. How to Recover Deleted Emails from Gmail
3. How to add contacts in Gmail using PC
You can add new contacts to your email contact list manually one at a time by following these methods
- Launch your browser
- Log in or create a new Gmail account
- After logging in, you will find a menu icon that will prompt a drop on the list on the upper right corner
- Tap on the menu, and you will find a more option that appears
- Click on more
- Select the Contacts options from the screen that appears you will find It on the second page
- The contacts screen will open with a list of all your contacts
- Click on the plus icon located on the lower right corner of the page
- A pop-up window then appears asking for the details to create a new connection such as first name, last name, mobile number, and so on.
- After entering all the necessary information, tap the save button
Repeat this process to update your Gmail contacts list manually.
4. How to add contacts in Gmail via email
Learn how to add contacts in Gmail via email by following the steps given below:
- Launch your browser and go to gmail.com
- You are then prompted either to log in or to create a new account
- Once your account is open, scroll through your inbox to search for the contact whose email address you would like to add to your contact list
- Open the email
- Move your cursor towards the name of the contact
- A drop-down list then appears within a few seconds
- You will then find a link reading “Add to Contacts” at the bottom of the drop-down menu
- Tap the link to add the person to your contacts list
- The person contact will then be updated to your Gmail contacts.
5. Add contacts via Yahoo, iCloud, Outlook and more
Google enables users to update their contact list by importing their contacts from different accounts and services.
Here’s how to add contacts in Gmail via other services
- Launch Gmail on your browser
- Tap the setting icon found on the upper right corner
- You will find the click Accounts and Import option present in the menu
- Next, click on Import mail and contacts
- Type the email address of the individual whose contact you would like to add to your list
- Gmail allows Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) mail servers to import their contacts into Gmail accounts
- You will then be prompted to another pop-up window where you have to enter the password for that account
- You will be displayed with another pop-up window that reads, “Leave a copy of the message on the server.” Check that box if you wish you save the copy otherwise all your messages from your other account will be deleted
- Click the Start Import option, and both your words and contacts from your different account will be added to your list
6. How to add contacts in Gmail by importing CSV files in Bulk
To download CSV files, you are first required to log into the account from where you are going to initiate the transfer of the contacts and then you can bulk upload your contacts to Gmail.
- Log into your other account and download the CSV file, for example, Yahoo CSV, Outlook CSV, and so on.
- Sign in to your Gmail account on your browser
- Select the gear icon and click on more
- You find a drop-down menu and select Import of the options given below
- Click on Choose the file
- Browse the CSV file that you have downloaded previously from your non-Gmail account
- Open that file
- Select the Import option
- The Import will take a few seconds to process and will then update your contacts list. You will find an “Imported” Label, which includes those contacts with the date.
Maintaining a list of your contacts is essential and easy via Gmail as it helps save a lot of time. You can import your contacts via your PC, Android, or IOS Device. This article has mentioned simplified methods you can follow to organize your contacts. With the help of your Gmail contacts, you will be able to maintain healthy business relationships. In case you come across some duplicate contacts, Gmail helps you identify them quickly as they are specified under the duplicate label, which will help you in removing them more comfortable. Reviewing, Organizing, and updating your contacts becomes much simpler using Gmail. Thus this article provides specific methods that will help in how to do so.