Looking at How to download an Instagram story? this post will help you - Instagram is one of the popular social media apps where you can spend hours viewing the photos and videos that your friends post. There are countless meme pages that you can follow, and they ensure to keep your newsfeed flooded with the latest and the funniest of pictures.
Instagram Stories allows users to post their captures such as images and videos in the form of slide shows and organize polls, quizzes, or other challenges online. In addition to media, a user can also post textual content, emoticons, etc. which are available as stories. This feature offers a more spontaneous way to display and share your content with your followers that are available for 24 hours on their feed.
Since Instagram is owned and governed by Facebook, an Instagram user can also share his Instagram stories with their Facebook followers as well. Although Instagram stories can be viewed by your followers for 24 hours, it is available for you to view on your profile’s highlights forever. We often want to download someone's story and then view it later or show it to other friends, but Instagram has no such feature. So, let's find out how to download Instagram stories. These stories can be downloaded and saved on your photo gallery as separate images/videos or a single story video. The whole process of saving stories of others can get a little complicated and varies according to the device you are using. Here is what you should if you are using either Android or iOS mobile devices.
How to Download Instagram Stories on Android?
- First, go to the Play Store on your phone. There, you must type Store Saver in the search bar.
- Download the app on your phone. The best thing about using Store Saver to download Instagram stories is that it is an entirely free app, and you do not need to make any payments during download or registration.
- After downloading the Store Saver app, open it, and enter your Instagram login credentials.
- The main story page on the app will show you all the stories posted by those who you are following. In case you do not see your target's name there, you can conveniently search for it.
- Select the photo or video you want to save. Tap on the 'save' button.
- Check your phone's gallery to find a folder named StorySaver. It has all the photos and videos that you save via the app.
Note: Apps listed in this article are not affiliated with Instagram and it is highly recommended to get the approval of users whose Instagram media files you intend to download.
Android Apps to Download Instagram Stories
If you are accessing your Instagram via an Android app, you can download/save photos, videos, stories, profile photos of your followers using Story saver for Instagram from Google Play store.
Other Instagram Posts-
1. How to View Private Instagram Profiles
2. How to post on Instagram From PC
3. How to Download Video on Instagram
4. How to Repost on Instagram
5. How to Delete or Deactivate an Instagram Account
This is one of the best apps to download stories, where you just need to log in with your Instagram account, browse IDs and tap on the story that you want to save. This app also allows you to share your favorite stories. You can also repost on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. There are no hidden charges to use this application.
Note that continuous usage of this app to save stories on Instagram can have your account disabled since this is not affiliated with Instagram. So, use it wisely.
Want to download your favorite Instagram stories and tired of searching for apps to do the same? Check this out. With a simple and easy to use interface, you can simply save stories as you view them.
This app also supports the login of multiple accounts, and you can also bookmark a particular account that you like. The best part is that it is 100% free to use!
An easy to use the app to download your favorite stories (videos or photos) from Instagram. Download videos to your phone directly or even repost them. You can also browse for the different stories from the feed and search for the stories of a specific user. Access the stories of users quickly by adding them as favorites.
How to Download Insta Stories on iPhone or iPad
- Go to the App store and start typing Story Reposter in the search bar.
- To download it, you must tap on the 'Get' option. Once you tap on it, a pop-up box will ask you to enter your Apple ID and password or put in your fingerprints/face recognition. Once you complete these formalities, your app will be downloaded on your device.
- After downloading the Story Reposter app, open the app and search for the person whose story you want to save. Here, you must always remember that the profile needs to be public if you want to download their Instagram story. You cannot use the Story Reposter app if your target account is a private user.
- You can easily select the story or video you want to save on your device.
- Then, tap on the 'download' button and finally click on the 'save' button. It will directly save the photo or video to your phone's gallery.
Always ensure to check your camera roll and confirm that it has indeed been saved.
iOS Apps to Download Instagram Stories
With the help of the Repost Story of the Instagram app, you can save videos and photos either from your or your follower’s timelines. Additionally, the app also allows you to download their post photos, videos, profile pictures as well.
A handy app where you can store all your favorite content in one place. Be it videos, photos, stories, profile pictures, with simple steps, you can save them or repost them on your profile.
This app also allows you to watch the Instagram stories of your friends in anonymous. If you have multiple accounts, you can add them too and manage all the content seamless through this user-friendly interface.
This app allows saving multiple videos and photos and you can view them too at the same time at the top of the home screen. It provides high downloading speed and the dashboard makes managing saved videos easier. This app also allows a locker to hide the downloaded content. What do you want more when this one works for both, Android and iOS just fine?
How to Download Instagram Stories on PC?
If you are accessing your Instagram account from Desktop, the only way to get Story downloaded is with the help of external applications/tools. There are a couple of online tools that you can use for this. You can also use these websites on your mobile.
- Open Storydownloader.net, you'll see the site like below
- Enter the username and click Get stories.
- Click on the Download button to download the story.
- StoriesIG is a web-based app to save Instagram stories. Here, you need to look for the ID whose story you want to download. Clicking on the story will lead to redirect you to a download link from where you can simply save the story on whatever device you want.
- Storydownloader is another such web application. This app allows you to view stories anonymously. There are no login requirements. You just need to head over to the website, type a username, click on ‘get stories’ and voila!
Link: https://storydownloader.net/ StorySaver.net
All you have to do with these tools is to provide account’s username which lists down their stories. Tap on download the save it on your desktop.
Are these the best ways?
Honestly, they are not.
Instagram has become strict in its security policies and is quick to take action if the user behaviour is not appropriate. None of the above applications are affiliated to Instagram, so continuous usage of them can have your account disabled or even deleted.
The safest method if you want to save stories is to take screenshot of them. An even safer method is to ask the user to send the image of the story through DM. This way, even the privacy of the user is maintained.
Although these apps make work easy, be very careful before using them.
How to Save your own Instagram Stories in Android & iOS?
If you intend to download your Instagram stories as a video or as separate images/videos in it, follow the below steps –
- Log in to your Instagram account and open the story
- At the bottom of the story, tap on 3 horizontal dots ( in case of iPhone) and 3 vertical dots ( in case of Android)
- Tap on Save (for iPhone) or Save Photo/Video (for Android)
- In the case of the iPhone, tap on Save to download the entire Story video or tap on Save Photo/Video to download/save individual photos or videos.
Ready to Save Instagram Stories?
Instagram stories are a great way to let your followers know your life in instants. When you adore their stories, get them downloaded on your device in style. In style, it would be provided you download them with your follower’s permission. All the tips and tricks, as mentioned above, have been tried before confirmation. If you are the social bee of your group, who always keeps all the gossip, then this is one of the best features for you. You can instantly download your friends' story and save it for later viewing. While you can post countless things on your social media handles, it is crucial to remember that anything you post on the internet remains there forever. Thus, you must always be careful!