If you are reading this, I am definitely sure that you already have a YouTube channel live and have one or more videos uploaded to it. In this particular piece of a write-up, you will read about how to delete a YouTube video that is already live on the video platform. Additionally, also read summaries on how to delete YouTube playlist and how to report copyright infringements and video violations.
So, whether the video that is on YouTube is yours or not, there is always a way to bring it down. Read on to know more to learn more about each these ways…
Delete a Youtube Video & Playlist from YouTube
Let us start with the process to bring down as video and then the playlist. Here we go! Follow these steps to bring down a video on your YouTube channel without much fuss.
- Visit www.youtube.com and login to the Google account
- On the left-hand side, from the menu select My Channel and then on the top right-hand side click on Video Manager.
- Upon clicking Video Manager you will notice all videos pertaining to your channel that you have uploaded. On the left-hand side of each video, you will see a check mark for selecting the video. Enable check mark for the video that you want to delete.
- Click on Actions drop-down, select Delete to permanently delete a Youtube video from the channel forever. However, you can make the video private or unlisted to make hide it from the rest of the world. That’s it!
Continue only if you intend to delete a playlist from your YouTube channel.
- You can delete a playlist only if all videos under it are deleted. Follow step 1 through 4 to delete videos one by one.
- Now that you have already logged into your YouTube account, select the playlist that you want to delete from the menu located on the left-hand side of your YouTube account.
- You are now on your playlist page. On the top right-hand side of the screen, you will see 3 dots. Click on it and select Delete Playlist. This deletes your Playlist.
Reporting video violations & Copyright infringements
If you are looking to get videos deleted or removed from YouTube that is not yours and violates guidelines set by Google, you do that too. Follow these step by step instructions to do so.First and foremost that you should do when you do not like the video for some reason of your own and would want to bring the video removed is to contact the channel owner. Here is how you do it.
- Step 1- Below the YouTube video that you want to be removed, select the name of the Channel. This navigates to you a page that displays all information about the channel.
- Step 2 – Click on About and then click on send the message. Now, you can type a message and send directly to the owner of the video requesting to bring it down.
Reporting to YouTube support
If the owner doesn’t respond or replies with the intention to delete a YouTube video from his channel, the next step to follow is to ask YouTube team to help. You can do so by reporting the video to them, who will manually check for violations and bring down the video if they are satisfied with your appeal. Here is how you do it.
- Step 1 – Navigate to the video that you want to report.
- Step 2 – Click on the 3 dots at the right end below the video. Now select Report.
- Step 3 - Once done you are asked to give specific reasons on why you want the video to be brought down. Reasons could be one of the following – Sexual Content, Violent or Repulsive Content, Harmful or Abusive Content, Child abuse, Spam or misleading, Affecting your rights etc. In case of any copyright infringement i.e. the video uses content either video, images or audio, you can report it here - https://www.youtube.com/copyright_complaint_form.
All in all, it is very easy to delete a Youtube video from your YouTube channel, while having ways to get videos removed they are not yours!