Need to Delete your Gmail account now? Maybe you have more than one Gmail accounts and it gets harder to keep track of all of them. Or maybe you don’t like Gmail services and you want to delete your Gmail account. Well, the good news is you can do that. Although, there are multiple sign-ins, in the same account that you want to delete, involved.
Deleting Gmail vs Google Account
Before going any forward to discuss deleting Gmail, remember that deleting your Gmail account and deleting your Google account are two different things. Where Gmail is just a service, Google account is a collection of this service and other services like this.
Also, if you delete your Gmail account, you cannot change the password for other accounts, neither you can connect with people using Google’s services. After all, every other account uses your Gmail account as a backup option to reach you.
But you are here, and that means that it is really important for you to delete your account. So below is the step by step process to help you through with the deleting of your Gmail account.
Steps to Delete a Gmail account?
Below are the steps to delete your Gmail account permanently using your PC, or Android mobile or iPhone and in 2 to 3 minutes.
- Go to the Google account setting and click on the ‘Account’ option.
- Select Privacy and Personalization.
- On the next page that appears, scroll down to the option Deleting a service or your account and choose the Delete your Google Account option.
Instead of deleting a service, you can delete your whole Google account. This will lead to the deletion in the history of all the apps and all the data that all those apps have.
- After doing this, you will have to sign in to your account again.
- Now, on the next page, you can choose the service you want to delete. For doing that, click on the trash icon next to the service.
- You will be asked to enter an email address different from the one you are trying to delete. Enter that, and it must not be a Google account.
- A verification mail will be sent to that Email address.
- You will get a mail under the heading “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”. Click on the link for deletion.
- Under confirm Gmail deletion, confirm that you want to delete your gmail.com permanently.
- Click on the Delete option. Note that there is no getting back the account after this.
- Press on done.
Your Gmail account is no more. If anyone mails you on the deleted account, they will get a delivery failure message and so you better tell people about that other Gmail account. You can always download your data before deleting your account.
So, think your decision through once more, if you have to. And remember that you are a few clicks away from deleting one of the most important accounts in your life.