Facebook pages can be an excellent medium of communication for top business houses, bloggers, influencers, and the creative minds who want to share content with the masses. It helps everyone connect on a common, global platform. But sometimes, people make Facebook pages with a short-term goal. If you are one of those, then continue reading ahead to find out how you can delete a Facebook page in a few simple steps. You might want to delete the Facebook page because you do not get the proposed value, likes or popularity out of it or you dropped the plan.
Deleting a Facebook Page
I’ve given you a few steps to delete the FB page quickly and permanently. However, before I teach you how to delete the FB page, you need to keep the following notes in mind.
Steps to Delete FB Page
You can delete your Facebook page (for which you are the sole admin) using the following steps.
- Login from the administrator account and go to the page. You can either go to the page using the link located on the side of your news feed or search for it using the Graph search bar.
- Now, click on Page setting
- Now, tap on Edit Settings. In these settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the option Delete (XYZ) Page.
- Facebook will ask you for confirmation to delete the page. Click on Delete Page.
Facebook will delete your page only after 14 days of filing the initial deletion request. If you do not wish to delete the FB page, in the meanwhile, you can go back to your page and cancel the deletion using the same steps. You can only delete the page when you are an admin for it. So, make sure that you log in using the account which you use to operate the page as an admin.
Delete a FB page on your Phone?
- Open the Facebook application on your phone and go to the ‘Pages’ option where you will find a list of your pages. There, select the one that you wish to delete.
- Click on the option to edit the page and then click on settings. It redirects the user to the ‘General’ option that has been mentioned above.
- Select the button to remove the page. Please note that removing, in this case, does not mean that it will remove you as an admin. It means that you can delete the page and then restore it within 14 days if needed. It protects you in instances when you delete the page by mistake, or someone else wrongfully deletes it on your behalf.
- When you choose the option to delete the page, you must be careful to confirm your choice.
Delete a FB page on your Desktop?
- The first step is to open Facebook and enter your login credentials. Enter the correct ID and password to enter the domain.
- Then, you will find a drop-down menu box on the top right-hand corner of your page. Click on the menu button to find several options, out of which one will say ‘Manage Pages.’
- When you click on it, you will find two options. Either you can create a new page, or you can select the page you want to delete. Click on your choice, and the site will redirect you automatically.
- Click on the page settings and select the ‘General’ option. It will give you several options, and the last one will be to remove the page.
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to delete the page, and you must press the confirmation button. Please note that you can restore your page for up to 14 days after deleting it.
Important Note: Read Before You Delete FB Page
- You can delete the Facebook from the mobile application as well as from a browsing window.
- You can only delete a Facebook page for which you are the sole admin. In case you are not the admin of the page or have several co-admins, you are not entitled to delete the page without approval from the other admins.
- Deleting the Facebook page will delete all the posts on the page automatically. No one will be able to locate or search for the page again.
- You will also lose all the followers on the page. In case you wish to remake the page, you have to start from the beginning.
- You might want to unpublish your page and not delete it entirely. Unpublishing the page will allow you to hide your page. This way no one will be able to search for your page or see its posts. You can always publish your page back to life with a few clicks once you wish to do so. This is a good way to ensure that you do not lose your valuable followers and start off exactly where you left.
- Facebook does not delete your page right away. Instead, the page stays in the unpublished state for a period of the next 14 days. You have the option to revert your decision back and republish your page in this period. However, in case you do not do so, Facebook will automatically delete the page after the expiry of the period.
The only valid reason behind deleting your Facebook page is when it has lost its validity. Also, you must remember that your Facebook page and profile are two separate entities. Your profile refers to personal information, whereas a page refers to information that you want to share with the public and reach as many people as possible.