Facebook is the best Social network to get in touch with your friends and if you finally decided to quit Facebook, you are not the only one. Recently many Facebook users started deleting their Facebook account due to Facebook addiction. Here in this post, I have given steps on How to deactivate and delete your Facebook account immediately without waiting for 14 days, You can also follow my previous post to delete Facebook messages or delete Facebook Photos.
FB Delete vs Deactivate:
You may have this question when I say you can deactivate or Delete your account, so here are some difference between Deleting and Deactivating your Fb account.
- Deactivating your account won’t delete all your Facebook data, instead, it hides your timeline from your friends, But when you choose Delete Facebook account, your whole FB data will get deleted.
- In a Deactivated account your friends can invite you to an event.
- A Deactivated account can be Reactivated by you at any time, where you can’t reactivate when you delete your account.
Also read: How to Hack Your Friends Facebook Account
How to Delete your Facebook Account:
So follow the below steps when you are asking “How do I delete my facebook account” in your mind, these steps will clearly guide you step by step to delete a Facebook account.
- Take Backup of your Facebook data (In case if you have any idea on your mind of coming back to Facebook, anyway this will be a safety precaution, no need to regret after deleting your Facebook account when you have a backup)
- Follow this link “Delete my Account“ (link to Official Facebook site to delete Facebook account)
- Click Delete My Account. (Clicking this will permanently delete your Facebook account.)
After clicking Delete My Account, A pop-up appears saying “Your account has been deactivated from the site and will be permanently deleted within 14 days. If you login to our account within the next 14 days.” Don’t Login for 14 days after clicking Delete my account.
Once your Facebook account is deleted, you can’t retrieve your data (unless you have a backup before deleting your FB account), but still, your friends could see your older messages that you have sent.
How to Deactivate Facebook account:
- Click the down arrow at Top Right in Facebook page.
- From the Drop down, Click Settings.
- Click Security in the left column, below General.
- Click Deactivate your account, the bottom-most option.
Find the picture explanation below to deactivate Facebook:
- Go to Settings
- Click Security
3. Click Deactivate Your Account
4. Confirm Deactivate your account
If you got any issue in closing your Facebook account permanently, kindly let us know in comments.
Also Read: How to Delete Instagram Account.
How to Delete Facebook account using Android and iPhone App:
You can also close your FB account using your Android mobile or iPhone Facebook App, follow the below steps-
- Open Facebook for Android App
- Go to settings by clicking the three lines at the top right.
- Tap Account Ownership and control.
- Click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Tap Delete account
- Tap Continue to Account Deletion
- Tap Delete Account
Image source: 9to5mac.com
If you don’t have a phone and you want to delete your FB account from your phone using Browser, just follow the first method using your mobile phone browser.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
Deactivation is a temporary deletion to your Facebook account, your account will be invisible until you log back in. but when you delete your Facebook account your account will be invisible for just 14 days and all your data will be erased.
You can’t do the immediate deletion, but when you click delete account, your account will go invisible for 14 days (actually like deleting the account), don’t log in for 14 days and your account will be deleted.
If it is before 14 days after deleting your account, then your account will be recovered just by login back. If you crossed 14 days after clicking delete the account, sorry your account is deleted and can’t be recovered back.