If you’re looking for the best virtual reality apps that you can install on your Android, you’ve come to the right place. Here is a list (not exhaustive, mind you) of the top 10 virtual reality apps that are available on Play Store for free. We’ve listed down the features of each app as well, so you can now pinpoint the app that meets all your needs by just reading through this article.
Best VR Apps and Games for Android in 2021
Based on the ranking from Google play store and user ratings and reviews, we have given you the Top list of VR Games for your Android Phones and Tablets.
If you are here to experience virtual reality on your Android, don’t go far. Settle down for Cardboard. This app can put virtual reality on your smartphone and helps you launch your favorite VR experiences, even discover new apps and set up a viewer. There are more to it:
- Using Earth, you can fly to wherever you want on Google Earth
- With a Tour Guide, you can now visit Versailles with a local guide.
- You can also watch your videos on a massive screen using My Videos.
- The Exhibit helps you examine cultural artifacts from every angle.
- Use Photo Sphere to look around the photo spheres that you've captured.
- You can now fly beside the Arctic terns, create your own flower garden or even relax under the northern lights using Arctic Journey.
2. Fulldrive VR
This app is a completely user-generated navigation platform and has user-generated virtual reality content as well. Using this social platform, you can follow what your friends watch and comment on, and share your favorite reacted videos with them. It also lets you browse and view a new generation of media, like watching 3D photos and videos and browse the Internet like never before.
- You can stream every YouTube video and even 3D and 360 YouTube videos in VR
- The VR Video Player (2D/3D Player) lets you play videos on your phone like in a movie theater
- The VR Browser permits you to browse anything on the internet in VR
- You can even take pictures in VR using the VR Camera.
- The VR Photo Gallery can be used to store and access your pictures and videos in VR
- There is also a VR 360 Photo Gallery to store and access your 360 photos
- You can use the VR Store, Market and Launcher to browse for new apps and access all VR applications through VR
3. VR X-racer- Aero Racing Games
It is the VR version of X-Racer with 2 modes, namely the hand mode race and the virtual reality mode race. This is yet another good option for you because it was selected as one of the Top 10 Virtual Reality Games on Android 2016 by Trickolla.com and it also received numerous compliments worldwide. The features are as follows:
- Multicolor themes for a thrilling experience
- Superb graphics quality for your convenience
- Attractive virtual reality (VR) and hand modes
- With each level, there’s increasing difficulty- Endless Race
- Stunning 3D visuals effects to give you an amazing experience
- Collect credits and purchase spaceships as you go
4. VR Tunnel Race Free
This has to be the most exciting VR racing game out there. All you have to do is put on your oculus rift and try the VR Tunnel Race. It is a terrifying yet exciting where you are trapped in a condensed environment, something like a black hole. You are an astronomer and a racer at the same time. First, you travel through space, and then you get stuck in a strange tunnel.
- Experience tunnel vision as an astronomer
- It has the best VR RPG you will ever come across
- Be ready for a roller coaster experience. The mission includes gliding through time and space in a tunnel by tilting your phone/your cardboard.
- Tunnel vision in VR is something that you should experience
5. VR Roller Coaster Temple Rider
There’s a whole new level in the VR evolution, and this VR rollercoaster will take you through temples, caves, and underwater. The simulation of the roller coaster can be done through a complete VR and you do not need to get the touch controls as well. You will have thrills more than your ordinary VR demo.
- The experience which this app provides is free of cost.
- Although the simulator can be used without a gyroscope, if you have one, you can enhance the experience immensely.
- You do not need VR goggles to experience the controls.
- There is no support for controllers offered.
6. Deep Space Battle VR
This app makes you become a lone pilot and you have to defend against the fleet. This action-packed battle game makes you use your wits and weapons to win. It also lets you enjoy a VR flight through an immersive background while destroying enemy ships.
- VR First: This space shooter is designed exclusively for Cardboard VR to offer the best virtual reality experience.
- Every ship and every level comes absolutely free of cost.
- You don’t need a controller. Your ship will automatically fire at your enemy once you see an enemy within the sight.
- The best battle space shooter available for Cardboard VR. Experience the best effects of VR that will make an amazing gameplay for you.
- Customize your ride: You can choose from the variety of designs of the ship, each having its own set of features.
7. VR Galaxy Wars
VR Galaxy Wars is one way to join the Space Resistance. It brings you to a battle for the future of the galaxy. You get to defend humanity in a 360 degrees VR war for which you can use your Google cardboard or the gyroscope of your mobile phone.
- It is easy to interact with the objects around and also shoot the enemies.
- Experience the best of the action in am amazingly developed 3D environment with challenging enemies.
- You can choose to either use the VR or through the gyroscope on the device.
- Play 4 amazing missions to save humanity. That is your mission!
8. VR Haunted House 3D
VR Haunted House is famous for its paranormal activities. There is an abandoned house with mystical events and all you have to do is protect the house from restless guests and unusual monsters. You can play the game in Normal or VR Cardboard mode.
- Bluetooth gamepad controller support
- Realistic haunted house and horror environment
- 3D realistic sound effects with different horror animations
- Easy, Medium, Hard Levels to choose from
9. InMind VR (Cardboard)
This is a short adventure where you can experience the journey into the patients’ brains searching for neurons that cause mental disorders. It lets you submerge into the microworld and experience the miracles of the human mind. This is a new era where modern healthcare makes tremendous scientific advancements.
- Playable without any special viewer
- Arcade elements designed for the Google Cardboard
- Uses nanotechnology to shrink you and demonstrate the patient’s body at a microlevel.
- A unique project to test the opportunities of the new VR provided by Google Cardboard.
10. Whispering Eons #0 (VR Cardboard Adventure Game)
You can play this game either in the classic point and click style or in VR as it is designed for Google Cardboard. You don’t need a controller, but you can use one if you have it. This is Play Store's first cyberpunk space-opera adventure game, and you’ll love it.
- Each scene has immersive puzzles with no mismatch
- Breathtaking scenes and cinematics
- A stunning soundtrack to keep it real
- Interact with non-playing characters
- Explore the planet called Gaea through Ryan's eyes
Ready to try Android VR Apps?
There you go! Now you can choose from these ten virtual reality apps to suit your needs. All the features have been included to make it easier for you. If you’re confused, you can just look into the different features, and even try installing some of them to see if you like them. Virtual Reality is the new big thing and you don’t want to miss out on this. Happy exploring!