Microsoft is launching its own game streaming service known as Project xCloud on September 15th exclusively on Android devices. So, its time to get your gears in place for this new gaming platform. Project xCloud is part of being Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription which will be priced at $14.99 per month.
Microsoft has promised more than 100 games for both Android tablets and phones. Its for Android only at the moment, iOS users will have to wait apparently.
Recommended: 10 Best Multiplayer Android Games
list of best Controllers for xCloud Gaming
To read about the nooks and corners of the controllers, read below.
1. Xbox One wireless controller
Xbox One Wireless controller is probably your best bet if you are planning to use the Microsoft xCloud game streaming service.
- This has the enhanced comfort and feel of the new Xbox Wireless Controller, which has a streamlined design, grip with the best texture, and Bluetooth technology for gaming on Windows 10 devices. Up to 2x the wireless range (40 feet/ 12 meters) compared to previous controllers*.
- You should never miss enjoying custom button mapping and the doubled wireless range if you want to move around and play.
- Plugin any compatible headset with the 3.5mm stereo headset jack.
- And with Bluetooth technology, play your favorite games on Windows 10 PCs, tablets, and phones.
- Button mapping available via the Xbox Accessories app. This app is a good handyman for your Xbox Controller.
Amazon - $54.89
2. PS4 DualShock Controller
The DUALSHOCK 4 is a controller by Sony intended for the PlayStation with revolutionary features and precision controls.
- Its definitive analog sticks and trigger buttons have been improved for greater feel and sensitivity.
- A multi touch, clickable touch pad expands gameplay possibilities, while the incorporated light bar in conjunction with the PlayStation Camera allows for easy player identification and screen adjustment when playing with friends in the same room.
- The addition of the Share button makes utilizing the social capabilities of the PlayStation 4 as easy as the push of a button.
- The DualShock 4 Wireless Controller is more than a controller; it's your physical connection to a new era of gaming.
Keep your favourite audio headset connected to your controller thanks to a 3.5mm audio input in the base of the DUALSHOCK 4 Back Button Attachment.
- Product name - Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®4) CUH-ZCT2 series
- External Dimensions - Approx.161mm x 57mm x 100mm (width x height x depth)
(excludes largest projection)
- Weight Approx.210g
- Keys / Switches - PS button, SHARE button, OPTIONS button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Left/Right), Action buttons, R1/L1/R2/L2 buttons, Left stick / L3 button, Right stick / R3 button, Touch Pad Button Touch Pad 2 Point Touch Pad, Click Mechanism, Capacitive Type
- Motion Sensor Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, threeaxis accelerometer)
Other Features Light Bar, Vibration, Built-in Mono Speaker
- Battery - Built-in Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery DC3.65V with 1000mAh
Amazon - $59.99
3. SteelSeries Stratus Duo
Steelseries is a household name among Gamers these days. If you haven't heard it so far, you need to check it out.
The controller is actually designed for PlayStation’s with the left joystick placed at the bottom of the controller and not at the top like Xbox One. However, the buttons, on the other hand, are assigned similar to Xbox — Y, B, X, A — which kind of a no-brainer for a xCloud controller.
It works just fine and can be connected through WiFi, Bluetooth, and also USB. Its standout feature, however, is the battery life. SteelSeries claims the controller can give you around 20+ hours of non-stop gaming, which is the best in ints class when you compare with others
Amazon - $35.99
4. GameSir T4 Pro wireless controller
GameSir T4 Pro Wireless Bluetooth Controller is generally intended for Nintendo Switch, Switch Pro Controller with LED Backlight, Turbo Gamepad Joystick with Dual Motor, Programmable Game Controller for iPhone/Android/PC. Since it has a programmability feature, it makes it super easy to actually set it up for Microsoft xCloud game streaming service.
- GameSir T4 pro controller using its built-in 6-axis gyro translates the player's movements and mirrors it more accurately in the game. This controller supports Switch games include Zelda, Splatoon 2, Arms, warfare, Apple Arcade MFi Games, and many more.
- This controller is compatible with Android 8.0 or later, iOS 13 or later, Windows 7 or later, Mac OS, Android TV box. Connections: via 3 main connections of Bluetooth, 2,4 GHz receiver/wired. Please make sure to note that it doesn't have a 2.4Ghz dongle. It purely works for Switch or Switches Lite only by Bluetooth.
- The built-in dual motors enhance gameplay with vibration feedback, android controller provides the most appropriate vibration strength for game feedback. The Turbo+D-pad's up&down controllers to adjust the intensity of 5 levels of motor vibration.
- GameSir T4 pro-Mobile Controller lets you create your own personal configuration and conquer other players as well. GameSir T4 pro will let users customize the four buttons on their backs with simple settings to make sure it works for Microsoft xCloud streaming service.
- Colorful Led Backlight which is part of the T4 pro switch pro controller gives tunning colorful LED backlight on ABXY buttons and the right joystick glows even in the dark, which obviously bring outstanding gaming experience feel which is probably what most gamers want.
Amazon - $50.11
5. Oriflame wireless controller
- Compatibility: Wireless gaming controller is compatible with PS4/PS4 Pro/PC in the gaming section and even Laptops including all the Windows OS versions. This lets you enjoy
- Shock Function: The ps4 gaming controller has a perfectly working dual built-in shock Motion motors, which gives you very specific intensity feedback and more authentic game experience.
- Sensitivity: The layout of gamepad button is optimized with excellent dual analog joystick design. And the ergonomic controller is high sensitivity, which reduced response time and improved accuracy at critical moments.
- Battery backup: Upgrade Playtime, 1400mAh battery,capacity and the handle is made of non-slip and sweatproof materials. The surface is skin-friendly touch, not just regular old slick plastic. It is comfortable for long time hand grip, so as to improve game experience.
- Audio Controls: Add 3.5mm audio port and don’t worry about disturbing others. There is sharing button for you to share your game video and screenshots. Additionally, the clickable touch pad and integrated light bar can offer a new way to play with games.
Amazon - $50.11
6. iPega mobile game controller
- Features: This gaming controller supports any device whic has Android 6.0 or above , supports direct connection game mode, especially suitable for mobile phones. No compliated system settings or platform requirements to ensure gaming compatibility and its easy to use.
- Android Compatibility: Compatible with Android 6.0 and above, compatible with mobile phone models such as Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 + S10/S10+ NOTE 10 Galaxy S20 S20+5G /Huawei P30 ,P40 Mate 20 / 20plus/OPPO R17 ,find X /VIVO X23 X27 X30 X30 PRO /xiaomi 10/10pro Smartphones and tablets. You just have to make sure that its compatible while purchasing.
- V3 App: Scan the QR code on the instruction manual to download the V3 app. . Customers need to download shootingplusV3 APP to customize the buttons and customize the settings according to their own habits. Adjust the size of the virtual rocker properly to avoid too many dead zones. When setting the keys, align with the virtual rocker to avoid non-operation. This is a one stop for all your controller settings.
- iOS Compatibility: The device is supported by any iOS device running iOS11.0 / iOS12 / iOS13 system, but can not use ios13.4 /13.5 system. The support for iOS 13.4 and above should be coming anytime in the future to align with iOS 14 release in September. Press and hold the "left button" + HOME button for 2 seconds to enter V3 live pairing mode, find "PG-9167", after the connection is successful, the handle blue LED light always lights! When reconnecting, you can directly press the HOME button to automatically reconnect.
Amazon - $42.99
7. Razer Kishi for Android-Xbox
- The Razer Kishi has clickable Analog Thumbsticks for the best accuracy and also tactile Feedback. It lets you refine your aim and execution with a familiar console controller experience, supported by an array of face and bumper buttons, as well as a D-pad for extra inputs.
- This controller fits Most Android Devices for Seamless Compatibility. Also, the controller’s flexible design allows it to be stretched and clamped on a variety of phones and tablets, providing a secure hold that’ll never come loose.
- This controller has the best Latency-Free Game Play experience. Unlike wireless Bluetooth controllers which produce lag, this controller has zero latency because it connects directly to your device’s charging port—which means instant button response.
- It lets you charge your Device While you are playing it. If your phone or tablet is running low while you’re gaming with the controller still attached, simply hook up a charging cable to the controller itself to get the device charging. This will ensure that you have enough battery backup while you are on the go.
- The Ergonomic Design accounts for an extremely comfortable Handheld Grip. Its specifically designed for long gaming sessions, the controller feels great to hold and has optimized button placements to make sure each button press feels natural and intuitive.
- The next gen gaming requires compatible gaming controllers and this does its job well. Having this controller attached to your device provides a form factor convenient and is super convenient in terms of its portability making sure you can game anywhere.
Amazon - $99.99
8. 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro
Pro is the most advanced controller from 8BitDo. With 8BitDo Ultimate Software: Customize everything on Pro from button mapping, stick & trigger sensitivity, vibration control and even create macros with any button combination. Customization of gaming controls as per custom profiles lets you keep your gaming practices separate.
- Play Xbox games on your mobile phone or your tablet device from the cloud with Sn30 Pro for Android.
- This controller includes Pro level mobile gaming Clip with adjustable positioning and Expandable Clip for big smartphones - The minimum was 49mm and the maximum is 86mm. This will ensure
- Bluetooth connectivity which is super efficient without any lag at all.
- It packs a huge 18 hour rechargeable battery which is super good if you are on the go and you want some gaming hours in.
Amazon - $49.99
9. PowerA MOGA XP5-X Plus
PowerA is a very popular gaming peripheral maker have launced a couple of gaming controllers with Microsoft's xCloud game streaming service in mind.One is the MOGA XP5-X, which is priced at $69.99 planned to be launched in September alongside the service’s integration into Game Pass Ultimate.
Couple of features that are part of this controller are:
- Best controller for your compatible Xbox Games from the cloud on Mobile platform.
- This allows Play controller games for both Android and PC platforms.
- There are unique controller inputs for both mobile gameplay & touchscreen displays.
- Gain a competitive advantage with two mappable Advanced Gaming Buttons
- Detachable phone clip with adjustable arm fits devices up to 79mm (3.12”) wide
- Connect to your Android phone/tablet or laptop/PC via Bluetooth wireless or USB wired mode*
- The best Ergonomic design with the best button layout for comfort and familiarity if you are a long time gamer.
- Ensure firm control and grip via precision-tuned analog thumbsticks
- Get a solid handle on the action with comfortable injected rubber grips on back
- Charge the controller and phone with included Micro USB + Standard USB ports and cables to support all types of devices and smartphones.
- PowerA provides two-year limited warranty for all products.
10. PowerA MOGA XP7-X Plus
PowerA is a very popular gaming peripheral maker have launced a couple of gaming controllers with Microsoft's xCloud game streaming service in mind.One is the MOGA XP7-X, which is priced at $69.99 planned to be launched in September alongside the service’s integration into Game Pass Ultimate.
There are many other cheaper controller which work as well but if you want a controller to play on the go which would help you with a bigger battery pack.
- For example, Xbox One Bluetooth controller is a good option if you don't want a bigger battery. It includes an admittedly tough-looking phone clip, and the controller itself has a 3,000mAh power reserve that can be tapped to keep your phone heavily juiced up via USB while you play. To do that, just flip the switch near the right joystick.
- The PowerA controller will include a few USB cables on the package that you can plug into the controller for different types of cable types like Lightning, USB-C, Micro USB etc.,
- One amazing feature is that this controller has different ports which lets you charge the controller and your phone at the same time. To that end, you can either pair the controller to your phone via Bluetooth or use it as a wired controller.