Downloading videos from Facebook
Found a video on Facebook that you just must save? Afraid the video will be taken down before you have a chance to see it? Want to transfer the video to your phone or to download it to your PC to watch later? To do any of this, you’ll need to download video from Facebook.
Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t make it easy for users to do this, as it is, FB allows you to download only those videos which you uploaded and not others by default.
But there are loopholes you can take advantage of and save those beloved videos. Some are simple, some a little longer than ideal. Considering the variety of methods possible, we’ve shortlisted the best ones out there.
Note: Following these steps, you can download Facebook Videos from Android Phone browser, iPhone browser, any PC browser but not using Facebook App.
A. Using FB mobile domain to save the video file [SIMPLEST METHOD]
This is also an easy method, compared to the next one, but isn’t flexible on the quality of the video, depending on your internet speed, the quality of the default video file changes.
Follow the steps below to download FB video using this method.
- Right-click on the video and select Show video URL.
- A small pop-up window should appear, with the video URL. Press Ctrl+C on the keyboard to copy the URL.
- In the browser’s Address bar, press Ctrl+V to paste the video URL.
- Modify the video URL, changing the “www” at the beginning of the URL to “m”. The URL should then start with m.facebook.com
- Once changed, press Enter to open the mobile version of the page and save the file.
- The video will be downloaded and saved to the directory you enter.
You can try this in both Mobile and PC, and in Chrome, Firefox or any browser. You can’t try this method in Facebook mobile App.
B. Using Facebook Video Downloader
Facebook video Downloader is one of the easiest ways to download videos, not only from FB but also from content sharing websites such as YouTube, VK, Instagram etc. Just copy your video URL and paste it in the field provided on the webpage and you’re done, you should immediately be able to download the video. One of our favorites is fbdown.net, it specializes in FB videos, has a clean and straight UI, comparatively ad free and is very fast in response.
Follow these simple steps to download Fb videos using fbdown.net,
- First scroll to the video u want to download, Play the video, then Right Click -> Show video URL.
- Secondly, Go to FBDOWN.net. Then paste the URL and Click ‘Download’.
- And lastly, Click on “Download normal quality video” or “Download HD video” (if available) to start downloading the video.
You may also download their chrome extension, which makes life a lot easier, follow this link to do so. fbdown chrome extension
Here are some of the Online Facebook Downloaders: www.downvids.net, getfbstuff.com, www.filevid.com – Make use of this if the above-mentioned Downloader failed to work.
C. Downloading FB Videos using google chrome’s developer tools
This one allows you to download even private videos from FB, it’s a little complicated, but should be easy once you get the hang of it. This method is quite flexible in the fact that it allows for some flexibility and may be used to download photos etc in batch too.
Follow the steps listed below:
- Copy the URL of the video you want to download as said in method 1, go that link. The video should now open in its own page.
- Click the Chrome menu button. This is in the upper-right corner of the window. It looks like three horizontal lines. Hover your cursor over Tools, and then select “Developer tools”. You will see a small bar appear at the bottom of the web page.
- Click the “Undock” button in the bottom-left corner to open the Developer tools in a separate window. This will make it easier to navigate.
- Click the Network tab in the Developer tools. This will open a list of all of the items on the current web page.
- Play the video. In order for the video to appear, you will need to play it from start to finish in the Facebook window. Once the video is complete, click the “Type” column to sort the list of objects by their file type. Scroll down until you find one labeled “video/mp4”.
- If you play the video and don’t see the file, keep the Developer tools open and refresh the Facebook page with the video. Play it again from start to finish, and check the list. You may have to do this several times for it to appear.
- Right-click on the video address in the “Name” column. Select “Open link in new tab”. A new tab will open with just the video.
Hope this helps you to download your favorite Facebook videos, If you are facing any trouble, reach out to us through comments below.